Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When do you put your christmas decorations up?

Post Thanks / Like
    December 1st. Always. A long family tradition on my dad's side so we keep it going.

But...Adrian got the decorations out of the loft/attic today. No idea what he's up to.

Post Thanks / Like
    First weekend in December for us, although round about now I really want to put it up! My friends sister put theirs up last week!

Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as my management company realise that charging $50 an hour to put them up is too steep?!

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    One week before christmas

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually the first weekend in December, although the tree will be later as it sets off our allergies.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually put up all the decorations for Christmas right after we take down the Thanksgiving/Fall decorations in the house and on the mantle. That is usually on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (while watching some football).

My museum has been at it over a month now. We have our changing exhibits set up with Holidays around the World and the Gingerbread Village. It isn't open to the public yet. We have a wonderful display that was donated to the museum from a local legendary business (Coleman Nursery) to operate for the season. Folks from miles around used to come to Coleman's to experience the beautiful displays and trains. Now we have it and it takes a small army to put it up. We have a music festival with bonfires on the street cornors and the whole cityscape comes alive. This Grand Illumniation takes place next week with a big parade in Norfolk. Glad I don't have to put up all the decorations at the group of musuems as I fear it would turn me off to getting my own home set up.

I wrote a program for the planetarium that incorporates the Nutcracker Suite with our winter night sky. We have our own Osborne Lights type display with snow machines, dancing lights and holiday music on the mall outside our museum.
    http://www.childrensmuseumva.com/snow-wonders.html

Post Thanks / Like
    First weekend of December for us too.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    do most people have seperate decorations for thanksgiving and christmas?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say yes, Kate. Thanksgiving has some autumn inspired decorations, pumpkins, leaves, corn stalks, the like. Thanksgiving can also add Turkeys and Native Americans that sort of thing. Christmas by far is the holiday with the most decorating options.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 325104, member: 43
    I'd say yes, Kate. Thanksgiving has some autumn inspired decorations, pumpkins, leaves, corn stalks, the like. Thanksgiving can also add Turkeys and Native Americans that sort of thing. Christmas by far is the holiday with the most decorating options.
    Hah...you haven't seen my wife's fall stuff! You can barely see the fireplace mantle. DW Sallyl loves to decorate just about every season but is not nuts about Christmas decorating...too much pressure! Hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast