Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon Becomes Official Camera of Disney Parks

Post Thanks / Like
    Nikon Inc. and Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts announced on Tuesday a multi-year strategic alliance naming Nikon the official camera of Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida and the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.

“The alliance between Nikon and Disney allows us to connect with millions of passionate Disney guests who want to tell their stories through the capture of amazing imagery,” stated Nobuyoshi Gokyu, Nikon president. “Through this agreement, Nikon will play an integral role in helping Disney guests to preserve and share every unforgettable moment.”

As the “Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts,” Nikon will have branded Picture Spots throughout the theme parks at the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.

Nikon will also be integrated with Disney PhotoPass Service, whose photographers will use Nikon cameras and accessories exclusively. Disney Fine Art Photographers at Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings and Honeymoons, as well as Adventure Guides with Adventures by Disney, will also be outfitted with Nikon cameras.

Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, US and France said “Our Disney Parks are among some of the most photographed locations in the world, so it is only natural for us to further develop our relationship with Nikon, who shares our commitment to capturing magical moments and making memories.”

This is good news for Nikon, as Disney's parks are big business. Walt Disney World in particular is the largest and most visited vacation resort in the world.

Terms of the deal, including its length, weren't disclosed, and nor was specific photo gear that will be used in the parks identified.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    boooo!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes boo! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I know someone who will be happy

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I add my cantankerous BOOOOOOOOO!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that Disney already had some connection with Nikon seeing as all of the photographers at WDW and also on DCL have used Nikon cameras for quite a while. o_O

Actually it made my day when I was chatting to one of the photographers a few years ago who told me that they all preferred the D70 camera [like mine] to its replacement, the D70S.

Sorry Keith, but Canon have missed out again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 325072, member: 163
    I thought that Disney already had some connection with Nikon seeing as all of the photographers at WDW and also on DCL have used Nikon cameras for quite a while. o_O

Actually it made my day when I was chatting to one of the photographers a few years ago who told me that they all preferred the D70 camera [like mine] to its replacement, the D70S.

Sorry Keith, but Canon have missed out again.
    They really have

I must agree with you though, they've used Nikon for ages. There's definitely been a preference towards that brand if not an official sponsorship.

Post Thanks / Like
    What they really need to do is send them on some training not give them new cameras they haven't a clue how to use, some of the photos we've received on photo pass have been horrendous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1976, post: 325077, member: 1139
    What they really need to do is send them on some training not give them new cameras they haven't a clue how to use, some of the photos we've received on photo pass have been horrendous.
    Really surprised about that! I've been really impressed with the quality of the photopass ones I've seen... within the parameters of it's a park, lots of people, short time to take it etc ;-) not saying they're masterpieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Nice to be on the winning team! I think I'll go buy myself a beer!

Tom ( ... now all I need is a new Nikon Df! )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast