Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four For A Dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard through the grapevine that they are finished at DHS's (MGM) as from September 20th....anyone else heard this?
    I hope it isn't true because we think they're great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard that as well Really sad as I love them and we have a couple of their CD's.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't heard that either

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    OOH. I hadn't heard this...I would be sooooooooooooo sad to see them go...

Post Thanks / Like
    Read about it on another site--and somewhere else, I think.

Never have seen or heard them. They're supposed to open for B&B at DHS, but I'm usually there 20 or 30 minutes before the curtain and--nada! Perhaps I'm just there on the wrong days/times?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gutted. Really gutted right now. Probably more so than when I found out the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon was closing. I did a bit of research to see if I could find anything official about them leaving...their website directed me to their official myspace page, and sure enough there it is...

Also, this post from Marshall, "Just so you all know, Four For a Dollar ceases to exist after Sep 20, the company's decision. Come see us before it's too late. And if it matters to you, not that it will change anything, post any frustration you may feel regarding this here, on our website, and Disney's site."

Sounds like there may be some ill will between the group and Disney.

I love these guys...not just as performers, but as men. I contacted them prior to our first "solo" trip to Disney World (after the divorce) and asked them if they would consider surprising Baleigh for her birthday. Not only did they agree, but after reading my email, each one of them replied to me with the sweetest emails of encouragement that I have saved to this day. They are truly incredible, and they made Baleigh's day so very sweet.

They will be missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh that is too sad. I just love them. Disney is really upsetting me by letting all of the good, unique performers get away (remember the living statues?)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do...and it's very sad...I keep trying to remind myself that change is inevitable...but it still makes me sad...and apparently I'm not the only one...some of the comments on their site are very poignant.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Living Statues, The funny little troupe that used to visit the boardwalk, Bella Nova at Italy, the little Japanese man who used to do "magic" the Junkanoo bus and entertainers, the Krystos, the piper in the UK, Gordoon in France, the mime that used to be in a huge clear plastic sphere in France... so many excellent entertainers/acts that were let go from WDW and replaced with what?

Change is good. I personally thrive on change. However, I've never respected change simply for the sake of removing something that "works" and not replacing it, or replacing it with something substandard.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Im really sad about this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast