Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So? Where are you in your preparations for Christmas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Us? We aren't nearly ready.

Need to get the tree up and decorated. Need to shop for a few gifts. Plan the meal, shop for that...

We decided that this year will be a turning point for us. We will be focusing on coming together instead of gift giving. No one truly "needs" anything, so the gifts will be mementos, that sort of thing.

All that to say, we've not started anything yet!

Where are you?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well DW Sally and I wanted to get the decorating done before Alex went back to finish the semester. So last Sunday afternoon we put up the tree, did the mantle, put up decorations around the house, put candles in the windows and added holly swag to windows. So the decorating is done...but starting to freak out.....haven't purchased one present yet!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not as ready as I usually am....
    I've just iced the cake. We brought the decorations down from the loft, ready for tomorrow. I know who's coming to eat and have ordered the meat, but haven't planned the meals yet. I have Milo's presents and 2 for Pete but nothing else. I haven't even bought tbe cards yet!
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, thank you Diane, forgot about the cards!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so far behind I'm starting to panic. I still have presents to buy and post, I've got to write all the cards and ice the cakes.

The tree is stood in the corner of the room looking very sorry for itself as it is completely bare. Hopefully Chris will help me with the tree tomorrow, although I do prefer to decorate it on my own

I've got to order the turkey and ham as well.

Can someone please tell me where the last 2 months have gone

Tink, I love your idea

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be ready for Christmas 2014..does that help? 2 essays due before Christmas then 2 weeks off. I haven't even made a Christmas card list yet :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew. I'm not feeling so bad then. Seems like we are all crazy busy with other things!

Do what you can do, and let the rest go.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've purchased presents. Does that count?

I wanted to get the tree and decorations up prior to going to WDW but that didn't happen. Maybe this weekend? I hope so cause next weekend we are going to Christmastown at Busch Gardens.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmmm. Well the tree is up. Presents are mostly bought but nothing is wrapped yet. Cards are being posted today. Meat has been ordered from butcher and grocery delivery slot has been reserved. Wow I sound quite organised don't I? The house is chaos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well my DD has been in Hospital for the last three months... she only came out on Monday so I had only managed to get a very few bits and pieces in so I have been like a whirling dervish getting the rest of my things. Like you Tink, we all really do have all we want and need so only token gifts are given every year.

I'm just so happy to have my DD home again, she is still not well but she's getting there, she caught C Diff in Hospital so that put her back in coming home sooner.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast