Every day is a celebration at Walt Disney World Resort but New Year’s Eve is certainly one of the largest. From lunches and dinners to brunches and dessert buffets, there are over a dozen spots for ringing in the New Year with fine fare. Also, there is no shortage of fireworks and nighttime shows that will light up the skies and create a mood of celebration at the parks on Dec. 31, 2013.
Magic Kingdom will feature not one, but two nights of fireworks to commemorate the coming New Year on both Dec. 30 and 31.
Celebrate the Spirit of the Season nighttime spectacular will occur at 9 p.m. with a special presentation of Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks lighting the night at 11:50 p.m. On Dec. 31, Tomorrowland Terrace will feature a special ticket New Year’s Eve fireworks dinner and dessert party.
At Epcot World Showcase:
- Biergarten Restaurant in the Germany pavilion is offering both lunch and dinner celebrations.
- La Hacienda de San Angel in the Mexico pavilion is hosting a special dinner.
- Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada pavilion has three holiday seatings.
- Monsieur Paul in the France pavilion starts celebrating at noon with seatings throughout the day and evening.
- A buffet dining experience will take place at World ShowPlace, with reservations available from 4:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. World Showcase also will host a party with a variety of DJs located at select pavilions. The lineup includes DJ Scooter (Top 40) at the Future World Fountain Stage, DJ Mark Sanchez (European Techno/Pop) on the Italy Stage, DJ Carlos Carrion (Latin Dance/Top 40)
- In the America Gardens Theatre and DJ David Griffiths (British Revolution Style) on the United Kingdom Stage, amongst others.
There also will be two showings of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth with a holiday finale at 6:30 p.m. and New Year’s countdown at 11:40 p.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios guests can rock in the New Year with Mulch, Sweat and Shears, the resident landscaping rock and roll band. The Mulch, Sweat and Shears New Years’ Eve Spectacular will feature sets of classic rock and roll, special effects, a DJ spinning dance tracks and an unforgettable fireworks display. The party starts a 6 p.m. on Dec. 31 and will feature a countdown to a midnight celebration to kick off the New Year.
The Downtown Disney area will be alive with entertainment to welcome the coming New Year. With a variety of performers ranging from a DJ at the Cirque du Soleil Stage to Keith Park’s Living Statues, there will be no shortage of sights and sounds adding to the festive atmosphere. Special New Year’s Eve celebrations also will take place at House of Blues, Bongo’s Cuban Café, Paradiso 37 and Raglan Road. In addition, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park is hosting a special ticket New Year’s Eve event. The evening will be filled with fun, food, games, music and dancing and includes access to all DisneyQuest attractions and video games.
There also will be special experiences such as meet-and-greets with some beloved Disney characters and a New Year’s Eve countdown, complete with confetti drop to kick off the New Year.
In the resorts, special dining for ringing in the New Year is planned at:
- Flying Fish Café at Disney’s BoardWalk; Cítricos,
- Victoria & Albert’s and Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- California Grill and Chef Mickey’s (New Year’s Day brunch) at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boma – Flavors of Africa (New Year’s Day breakfast) at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
For specific information about holiday dining offerings at Walt Disney World Resort or to book a reservation, guests can call 407/WDW-DINE.