Thread: Old Town

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be at Old Town for an evening, can anyone recommend a place to eat for two adults.
    Are there any good shops there?

We're going for the car parade but will be there from about 4pm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you been there before?

I ask because it is a really iffy place after dark. We've gotten takeout from Flippers pizza. They were pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 37542
    Have you been there before?

I ask because it is a really iffy place after dark. We've gotten takeout from Flippers pizza. They were pretty good.
    We've never been there before no :n045:

We've heard that the car parades are good from Mick :4:

Post Thanks / Like
    The cars are awesome. The first time I went, I took Alysia and Jordan. It was packed with bikers and lots and lots of drunk people. It was no place for us to be. The next time we went, we made sure to take DH. I just safer with him there and I am not the kind to get scared easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad I read this! I was looking at a hotel in that area for our first night...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    we have been every time we have been to Orlando and never had a single problem whatsoever, always felt safe and its packed with people for the cars.....the cars are awesome Diane, lots of 50's classics and loads of hotrods too, i will always go there too see the cars always been OK IMO
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Issy, I honestly can't recommend eating there. I'd say go to Celebration for a meal and then there? Or go to Celebration after there?

The shops are numerous, but they are very touristy. Nothing you haven't seen before and nothing you are going to "have" to have.

Not putting the place down, mind but the cars are the draw there.

Luv, nope. I'd not stay there. We did years and years ago (at a suites place nearby) and I'd never do it again.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 37595
    Luv, nope. I'd not stay there. We did years and years ago (at a suites place nearby) and I'd never do it again.
    Thank you Tink! I guess that explains why the rooms are so cheap...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. We fell for it too. $99 a WEEK. (Shows you how long ago). I think it was right across the road from Old Town, if I remember correctly.

Very old suites, very shabby. Good that we didn't spend much time in it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemouse, post: 37599
    Thank you Tink! I guess that explains why the rooms are so cheap...
    There is a special over at Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista for $30 a night. I pricelined something our first night and got what used to be the Grosvenor.