Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is everyone ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just now hearing about the collapse of the balcony in the London theatre. Everyone ok, as well as friends and family, I hope?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. What Tink said. Is everyone OK?

Tom ( ... concerned.)

Post Thanks / Like
    We are a long way away, so we are ok

It's terrible what a happened, so close to Christmas as well :(

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Dawn's parents live near London, but attending a show doesn't mean you have to live there. Was worried that someone one of our members knew might have been at the theatre.

It looked to be a really bad disaster. People being carried out on stretchers, and ambulances all over the place. One person who was interviewed said she and her brother thought it was sound effects, then the entire balcony came crashing down. Absolutely terrifying...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know anyone affected but I do know that a few years ago I was sat in that balcony with Adrian and Steven. Horrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    it's one of those things that i worry about sat in our old theatres. I'm guessing though there's going to be some thorough checking going on now though

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear heaven, Dawn. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Same as Dawn, I sat in that balcony some time ago to watch a show. It's awful to think that could happen, it's not something that has ever crossed my mind. How terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good grief. Yes, it is a terrifying thought, isn't it? One time when I was seated in a theatre balcony I could feel it "moving" when the audience clapped and started stamping their feet. That scared me then!

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were watching Nitro Circus again recently we were up in the balconies, the only thing that I thought was "eeek the stairs up and down to the seats are very steep!"
    I think next time I'll book earlier so we can get seats at a lower level...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast