Thread: How Was Your Christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you all had a good Christmas :)

What did you do, where did you go and did you get lots of nice presents :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were able to get my grandma to come down for Christmas so that made me very happy. We had a lovely time. My favorite gift is the life size cut out of Elvis

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't get to drink all the booze I'd bought... like every year... so it will go in the back of the cupboard for the next ten years like all the others......

I like to try the drinks but I'm not really a big drinker, Christmas is the only time really that I have a tipple or two. Apart from when I went to Mexico... oh and Barbados.... ;) :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh ooh I got an Il Divo cd... swoooooooooons...... oh the Spanish one... Carlos.... swoooon......

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thank you, I managed to pull dinner off. Oven is in dire need of replacing though! Took roast potatoes an hour and 15 mins on 250c!!! I'm loathed to replace it because one way or another we'll be moving in 3 years

I got an iPad air which I had early, a pandora castle charm which is lovely, a Thomas kinkade calendar, Mickey Mouse onesie, a biography by Skylar something, he's the only imagineer to have been involved in the opening of every Disney park- haven't started it yet but it looks good.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had good day with my oldest sons family and ate too much.Great to see the grandkids opening their presents.On boxing day went for a 10 mile walk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a lovely holiday, Robert.

Brit, you are moving? To where?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know yet Tink, jon is due orders this spring, he will either stay here or move back down South. Caitlin and I will stay until she's finished high school whatever happens. If he doesn't get moved next year then it will certainly be in 3 years time. It will probably be near Oxford.

Post Thanks / Like
    A truly lovely and magical holiday. My dad's bypass surgery was moved up unexpectedly to December 18, so I went into a flurry rushing to Texas to be with him and my mom. I was torn, because although I knew my place was there, I desperately wanted to be with my little family at home during the days leading up to the holiday. Leaving for Texas also meant missing Baleigh's first ever track meet - something I'd promised come hell or high water I would attend. Of course she understood, but moms never forgive themselves for breaking promises. However, the day of the meet, we received an email saying it had been rescheduled due to a frozen pipe - and rescheduled in early January (when, I'll surely be home! What a gift!) Surgery went smoothly, and my dad's recovery has been nothing short of remarkable (that being my favorite "gift" of the season). I scheduled my return for Saturday, December 21. I have been blessed while traveling during this time to travel as a "non-rev passenger" because my cousin works for American Airlines. That means I was able to fly - at a moment's notice - for around $140 round-trip. The only draw-back is, I have to fly stand-by each time. It's not usually a big deal during the quieter months, but I was dreading coming back on the 21st (the Saturday just before Christmas). Well, with a little magic, and a lot of luck - not only did I make it home without trouble, I was able to fly into our closest (and easiest to access) airport.

Let's see...what else...
    OH! We saw three "classics" on the big screen this year, during our local theater's "Movies and Mimosas" promotion. We saw, White Christmas, A Christmas Story, and It's a Wonderful Life. My heart quite nearly burst when Baleigh remarked a few days later (re: It's a Wonderful Life), "I really love that movie, Mom. I mean, like, REALLY. I'm not just saying that because you get really sappy at Christmas. It was a good movie."

On top of that, Christmas with Jon's mom was actually quite pleasant this year!!! She wasn't necessarily kind, but she was quiet...and well, that can be just as good, eh? :)

On the geek side, I received a very cool present from Jon - it's called a SONOS wireless speaker, and it is AWESOME. I can control it from anywhere in my house using an app on my phone. I can stream stations such as Pandora, or play music on my phone, or on the household server...wirelessly! VERY COOL!

PHEW! That was longer than most of my trip reports!! Sorry! But I have so much to be thankful for :)