Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone doing for New Years Eve?

Post Thanks / Like
    they're tree ornaments too...

Post Thanks / Like
    We are actually doing something other than going to EPCOT this year!

I've booked us into the Chef's Table in Winter Garden for dinner. We had two seating choices, so I chose the less fashionable early one. We'll have a lovely dinner (I hope!) and then come home to the chilling bubbly and see in the new year in the comfort of our living room. I'm guessing that it will take a small miracle to keep both of us from falling asleep before midnight. :D :D

One can dream!

(P.S. I don't get the vinylmation thing either).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two vinyl actions. One dressed as a Boston Red Sox and one as a USC Trojan. We'll probably both be in bed before midnight.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 326755, member: 43
    We are actually doing something other than going to EPCOT this year!
    I was pretty disappointed with EPCOT when we did NYE there tbh. ok I know it's what you make of it so I shouldn't really blame the place, but firstly it was SO packed that moving ANYWHERE was awful. CMs were keeping everything sectioned off and were pretty aggressive about it as well. Every time we stood somewhere we were being moved on and since, so was everyone else, it was just a mass of moving people with nowhere to go.

We got to the UK before UK midnight and there was a bit of a cheer but not much.

Fireworks were great but no space to really enjoy watching them and then an hour to get out of the car park.

EPCOTs still my favourite park and NYE there is still a dream but I think they only way I'd do it next time is if they offered me a vip lounge or something. I'd really pay for that
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it's become so very crowded over the years that we started going earlier so we could get out earlier. It's just a huge amount of hassle now, so it's nice to have something different to do. Back when we could enjoy having dinner in the WS, and staying through 'til midnight was fun, and I'm glad we had the experience, but it has changed so much over the years that I'm happy to avoid it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What's the chefs table in winter garden? is it a nice restaurant?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is locally owned by a couple (Chef and wife) who both used to work at V&A's. The restaurant is in two parts, The Tasting Room and The Chef's Table. We've been to The Tasting Room and enjoyed the small plates there, so decided to try the restaurant proper. We've heard that it is "the best kept secret" for excellent food, so we'll see. I'll let you know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo yes please! cant wait to hear how that goes

Post Thanks / Like
    We have spent the past 10 out of 11 NYE's at Epcot. We have left today about 4pm and are now waiting for a movie to start at the cinema at DTD. Epcot was just aggravating us today. Queues were ridiculous. Three hour wait for Soarin with all FP's gone. Lines for the rest rooms ( ladies) were about 30 plus.
    Going for a meal after the movie and that will do for us.
    Still would rather be here.....at home I would just be watching the soaps!

Next NYE we won't attempt a park. We ditched our usual MK this Christmas Day too as it is our usual but takes around two hours to get to your car. We want to Discovery Cove and it was lovely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add......loads of folk already tipsy at Epcot by 1pm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast