Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Resort (California) hotels

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering what benefits there are to staying on site in the Disneyland Resort- the rooms are quite expensive. Has anyone stayed at any or can anyone recommend a good neighbour hotel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Last trip, I stayed some distance away - half way between Disney and Hollywood. The theory was that I would have a reasonable journey wherever I was going. This was a mistake - travel is so difficult during peak rush hours that even short journeys can take forever.

Pick a hotel within walking distance (there are a few right outside the gates) or one of the Disneyland official hotels to save yourself the trouble.

I'm afraid I can't recommend one though, I was miles away last trip! If it helps, I understand the Disneyland hotel has recently been renovated, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    In 2005 Donna and I stayed at the Grand Californian. I honestly don't remember what our view was but the hotel didn't seem as much "Disney" as most of the hotels at WDW do. One advantage to that hotel is that there is one exit that takes you right into Disney's California Adventure. I've heard lots of good things about the good neighbor hotels but have never stayed in one.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Since everything is literally so close to Disneyland/CA, I really see no benefit to staying on site. We actually stayed at The Embassy Suites a few miles away. They had a free shuttle that dropped us off right in front of the entrance. Many of the Good Neighbor hotels use a shuttle and there is a charge for it plus I have read that it can be quite crowded.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great thank you, any idea what the crowds will be like in September? Hoping it will be quieter like WDW at that time

Post Thanks / Like
    Crowds weren't too bad at that time of the year when we went, but that was 9 years ago.

One problem with going in September is that the castle is all boarded up getting ready for Christmas and the haunted mansion was closed for preparations for Halloween.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, we went in August 2009 and stayed in Best Western Stovalls Inn. Good value, clean and very close. Could walk to Down Town Disney easily in 10 mins. Cut through the Grand Californian to get to parks quicker, that looked really nice but not worth the high cost. We are going again this summer and will be staying at Stovalls again, has a great restaurant next door too.
    Montymouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by montymouse, post: 327451, member: 3429
    Hi, we went in August 2009 and stayed in Best Western Stovalls Inn. Good value, clean and very close. Could walk to Down Town Disney easily in 10 mins. Cut through the Grand Californian to get to parks quicker, that looked really nice but not worth the high cost. We are going again this summer and will be staying at Stovalls again, has a great restaurant next door too.
    Would be great to hear if it's still good. I'm definitely erring on the side of staying off site. Have you been many times?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard great things about that one

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We've only been the once - it really was a holiday of a lifetime! This year we are planning 5 days in Vegas then 5 at Stovalls Inn (for Disney) and 5 at Hilton Universal (for Hollywood & Universal) I am a Florida Fan and thought Disneyland would not be as good, but i absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back, especially for Carsland! Stovalls Inn still gets good reviews on Trip Advisor so fingers crossed.
    Montymouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast