Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hospital

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are still on the mend Wendy. Speedy recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m so sorry to have missed this thread Wendy....something like a Christmas/New Year trip to WDW without any means of getting on t`internet got in the way !!!!
    I really hope that everything works out fine and you can dig out your dancing shoes before too long.
    Chris can now cook us all dinner when you are next in our neck of the woods. :) [under your supervision of course.]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 328983, member: 163
    I`m so sorry to have missed this thread Wendy....something like a Christmas/New Year trip to WDW without any means of getting on t`internet got in the way !!!!
    I really hope that everything works out fine and you can dig out your dancing shoes before too long.
    Chris can now cook us all dinner when you are next in our neck of the woods. :) [under your supervision of course.]
    Can Donna and I come too?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I am feeling a lot better, it has helped my knee so much, the consultant wasn't sure if there would be any difference but it gave him a chance to have a look as well and push for a knee replacement in a couple of years.

I'm not saying I am 100% pain free but it is a lot better than it was.

Terry I think he would need a lot of supervision

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is good news, Wendy.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a little follow up, I have been to see the consultant this morning and he took my stitches out.

He said that my knee seems to be moving better than it was and he is pleased that I can now almost straighten it. I told him that I am not in as much pain and that it feels better. He explained what he did and said that I had knuckles of bone growing underneath my knee cap which was trapping the patella tendon. This was why I have had so much pain in the front of the knee which has caused it to keep giving out.

He is a little concerned as it is really too early to determine how it will be. He said that flushing the joint out makes a lot of difference and only time will tell.

He has said that if this lasts for a couple of years then it is worth carrying on down this route until I am a little older and then there will be a total knee replacement. I said that I would have to save for one just in case the NHS said no again and I also told him I am terrified of Derriford Hospital, I have to many bad memories of the times I have been in there as a patient and when other people have been there.

He said that wouldn't be a problem as it would be done either in the Peninsula Centre or I might get the option of going to the Nuffield. I would not have to go to Derriford at all, not even for appointments. I can't even begin to explain how much better that made me feel, I know it's silly but every time I go to that hospital I have panic attacks.

So things are looking brighter, but he has told me it is essential that I lose weight as he said that every 1lb of weight I am over loads the knee with 6lbs of force when coming down stairs and between 3lb and 5lb when walking normally. It was quite frightening actually to be told that.

So the next step is to follow a health regime that loses weight slowly but steadily, I have found that if I go on a quick weight loss program it always goes back on once I stop.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    no wonder you were in so much pain, im glad youre feeling positive

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Julie, he showed me the before photos he took of the bit he's shaved inside the knee and it looked like knobbly bits on a tree, very strange

I do feel a lot better, mentally as well as the pain side of things, being in pain all the time gets you down, no matter how hard you try not to let it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that all sounds very promising. :) Onwards and upwards, my friend.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that sounds painful. Glad to hear that it may all be coming together for you sweetie. Love and hugs.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast