Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a good carry on bag?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the looks of those cases with the four wheels. I bought a huge case with four wheels and the airline broke it the first time out. So, I'd use them only as carry ons. But I'm afraid I'd not get it under that seat in front of me. I like to keep soft sided cases for that very reason.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 327500, member: 43
    I like the looks of those cases with the four wheels. I bought a huge case with four wheels and the airline broke it the first time out. So, I'd use them only as carry ons. But I'm afraid I'd not get it under that seat in front of me. I like to keep soft sided cases for that very reason.
    yeah my theory is for carry on I need something soft sided that can mould a little bit to whatever space it has. At the moment I'm thinking more like a holdall style but I want wheels too. No compartments to take space away just one big space
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 327500, member: 43
    i can't work them at all, get into all types of grief!!

Post Thanks / Like
    A soft bag with wheels is going to be tough, unless you look at those duffle bags with two wheels so you can drag them along. Trouble with them is they are so soft, the wheels push up into the bag, so you're dragging the fabric of the bag along the floor. You might get away with it on a smooth airport floor, but as soon as you get outside, you're going to damage the bag unless you pick it up.

If you want something soft, may I suggest a rucksack?

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I was starting to look at the duffle bags.... I guess then we're left with smallish soft suitcases then
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The Antler bags are pretty soft, although they look rigid enough to be neat. They use fabric over a semi-rigid exoskeleton, so you can contort them a fair bit if you need to. They're also brilliant keeping the weight down and having enough grab handles that you can pull your bag out of all manner of tight situations.

The Samsonite bags tend to have a more rigid shell, so although they will distort if you need them to, there's the possibility of denting them if you push too far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see Keef with a Trunkie :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12