Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of the Osborne Lights?

Post Thanks / Like
    On New Year's Eve, we were visiting with friends and, as it typically does, conversation turned to Disney. During the conversation, a friend lamented the "end" of the much loved Osborne lights. I nearly fainted. This isn't true is it? Perhaps they are just moving them? I've done a *little* research but haven't found anything conclusive...merely rumours. Does anyone here have any news, thoughts or ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I heard the same thing last month. It seems like a pretty constant rumour but nothing official :/

My personal take on it. It's not been the same since they changed it from being the walk around the houses to the way it is now. I like the lights synced to the music but that gets old quickly and after you've seen that, there's not much left. I used to really love walking around seeing all the houses and yards lit up but now I can honestly spend just five minutes there to say I've done it.

I can't see them going back to the old scheme. They don't tend to revert and the space has been used. Also struggling to see where they'd move it to. In terms of giving it up, it's an iconic attraction, one they advertise all over the place and very heavily attended. The other thing it has going for it is it's all done on existing buildings so it's not like it REALLY takes up any actual space of its own.

Tough one really :/ I'm fed up of it and would like it re-imagined but how/where I don't know! I did think that the flow of people was much better when it was spread over the larger house/yard area though
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not a rumor I've heard.

I never saw it in the old location. I think that would have been really cool. As I've only seen it in the current location, I can say that I have not gotten bored with it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 327326, member: 92
    This is not a rumor I've heard.

I never saw it in the old location. I think that would have been really cool. As I've only seen it in the current location, I can say that I have not gotten bored with it.
    oh Johnie, the old location.... I'm feeling a bit teary just thinking back to it. You'd walk around, plenty of space, every house had its own yard with its own special lights. It was like walking round a neighbourhood.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The rumour has been going round for a while now.

It started when the rumour that Cars Land was going to be built at Hollywood Studios. The talk is that the Land will be where Cars Motor Action is based and also include the area that is used for Osborne Lights.

I think they would have to move them somewhere new though, possibly even to a new Park. Epcot is an area I could see them considering.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 327329, member: 3
    oh Johnie, the old location.... I'm feeling a bit teary just thinking back to it. You'd walk around, plenty of space, every house had its own yard with its own special lights. It was like walking round a neighbourhood.
    Wasn't that great!

We used to love going through there. I always marveled at the tricycle left in one front yard that had strings of lights all over it. Even the water faucet for the garden hose on one house had lights!

I miss that.

Tom ( ... ahh... nostalgia, thy name is me!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I so dislike the current set up we've not been over in years to see it. :( I too, really liked the old set up. It was much more Christmas like and realistic. I'll be sorry to see it go, in theory, but won't miss the current mess they've made of the display. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I much prefer the old setup, but we thoroughly enjoyed it this year with the lights synched to the music. There were huge crowds though so it was difficult to move around. We talked to two different CMs, both of whom mentioned that they may not be there next year and that they are trying to decide what to do with them. Apparently it has something to do with the new land, be it Star Wars or Cars Land or whatever they decide to do with it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm after all the talk about how wonderful it was the old way I'm not sure to be happy or sad that I never got to see it.

I guess I should be happy as I love the lights now.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do prefer the old way it was, my advice for the lights is not to go on a weekend evening- i thought we were being clever being there at the time they started- boy was i wrong. We got trapped in a large crowd and at one point i got really worried we were going to get crushed. This was the beginning of December

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast