Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantastic dinner package 2013 - mama melrose

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had similar experiences at Mama Melrose where the food was bad and their service even worse. I stopped going their for a while and have just recently started going back. I find the place to be so hit or miss. I have never been seated within 20 minutes of my ADR. I am not one to complain or go cheap on a tip but in your scenario I probably would have left 2 bucks and complained to manager and then walked over to guest services and explain to them that I am a frequent visitor to WDW and have dined at most of the restaurants on the property and have never been so disrespected by a cast member. No customer should be treated the way you were treated and she shouldn't get a pass for the way you were treated.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't have left any tip and I would have made sure she knew exactly why. That is just uncalled for.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    That kind of treatment is totally uncalled for ANYWHERE. I would not have even paid for that meal. I'll bet they would have gotten a manager over ASAP had you refused to pay. I know you don't like to cause a scene Keith but this is definitely one time I would have for certain.

We've been talking about places we should eat that we have either never been to or have not been to in a LONG time. This would certainly turn us off forever.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm glad you decided to send them an email. If you didn't, I was going to.

Appalling service and some downright rudeness - it must have felt like you were in trouble with your mother at dinner time!

Post Thanks / Like
    We did that package a few years ago and found it very bland. The service was only so so. We decided to try again this year and was much happier. The service was absolutely superb and the food was nice too. Nothing to write home about, but perfectly good.
    Seems to be one of those places which can be a bit hit and miss I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah to a large extent I think it was the attitude of the server. I'm pretty sure a.n.other would've reacted differently and not annoyed me so much. The food, well I think it was rubbish, but in fairness it probably just isn't my type of menu and that's not necessarily a fault of theirs, just a mismatch.

I sure as heck won't go back though... the brown derby is much much better. Mind you, it just confirms my feelings about the studios as a park in general. It's very weak compared to EPCOT/MK
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely pathetic. I know I would have been all over the place demanding a manager and if that didn't work, I would have been to guest services in an instant. Rubbish.

It's too bad also because years ago, we used to really enjoy eating at Mama Melrose's. Years ago they had this most delightful grilled prime rib. One of the best pieces of meat I think I ever ate. Sadly, we've never been able to recreate that particular experience.

Now I won't even try.

Tom ( ... Ain't Mama happy, ain't nobody happy. :mad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12