Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disney without kids

Post Thanks / Like
    whats it like doing orlando without kids? having always gone with kids was wondering what its like without them :gy:

Post Thanks / Like
    Relaxing. Fun. Refreshing. Self directed. Leisurely.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What Tink said It lets you be the kid :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    You can eat where you please, and order what you please. If you want to have a calorie laden dessert instead of dinner, you can as you are not setting a bad example!

You can visit whatever attraction appeals to you, and not worry that it will be too scary, too wild, too boring, too whatever for anyone else.

If you want to have a good old lie in and sit aroud the pool all day, you can.

If you want to stop, just sit and savor the moments, the people going by, the atmosphere, you can!

If you decide that you want to switch tracks right in the middle of the day, go right ahead!

It's very liberating.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 37677
    whats it like doing orlando without kids? having always gone with kids was wondering what its like without them :gy:
    It's brilliant

We met up with some friends awhile back who had kids and after a couple of days we were fed up, tired and desperate to get back to adults only (he says hoping the friends don't read the forums)

Not saying the look on their faces isnt fun, but I love going wherever we want, sometimes stopping for a chat and a relax watching the people go by. No crying or strops (unless it's me )

Late nights with no problem... last time we were in the Magic Kingdom at 3am and then because we were still wide awake we caught a cab to walmart
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I do love taking the little guests with me from time to time, make no mistake! However, it is a totally different experience. Very much scheduled, planned, much forethough for everything from clothing, to activities, to food, to which park what day, and what to do in each park...

The spontaneity of being without children is what allows for so much magic to happen with adults too!

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I love my DGK's....doing Disney without them is WONDERFUL! So much more relaxing, no rushing to the bathrooms..eating where THEY want to eat. Shopping with no interruptions. And actually having some quiet time with the DH is so nice!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    All of my visits to WDW--except one--have been sans children! And I'm not sure how "childlike" our experience was last year. Lexie was nine going on thirty! And Troy was 14 weeks old, so as long he was fed, dry and cuddled, he was a happy camper!

Basically, what everyone has said. The adults control everything--just in case you had illusions who was in control during your family visits! :wink:

It can be as relaxing or a busy as you choose to make it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't have to stop at every restroom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 37948
    You don't have to stop at every restroom.
    i do :p015:

im worried i will miss the kids to much but i really want dave and i to go alone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast