Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disney without kids

Post Thanks / Like
    Well missing them is a very real thing too. You do have to decide if you can go and enjoy yourself and focus on things that only adults would like to do.

Every time I go without my Seth I see something he would have loved to have seen. I have to tell myself (quite sternly) that he will come with me another day (again).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    How old are the kids Ann?

Post Thanks / Like
    mine are 17 and 20 david's son is 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 38024
    mine are 17 and 20 david's son is 12
    I can imagine the 17 and 20 year old being cool with just the two of you going but, what would david's son think? Where would he go while you were away? It would be cool if he didn't like Disney that would solve a lot :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been without Alysia a couple of times. I had a good time but I did miss her. She's my Disney partner :p015: However, I sure could sit around and people watch a lot more when she wasn't there

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmm, old enough for them to do something special too? Perhaps when you get back?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been by ourselves many times and with grandchildren 3 times. Being just the two of us is SO much more leisurely.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are 16 and 11....I am going without them..I need a break...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    none of the kids actually live with us so it makes it even harder not taking them although Davids son is going in October for 2 weeks anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 39549
    none of the kids actually live with us so it makes it even harder not taking them although Davids son is going in October for 2 weeks anyway
    Oh well then.....go for it, just the two of you. If the youngest is going anyway, I'm sure your two kids will understand that you want some alone time away with your man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12