Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relaxing in the parks?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it's similar to Wendys question but in the actual parks, do you get a chance to sit down and relax, enjoy the atmosphere? or are you like me, rushing around from place to place and not taking a breath?

I ask because for the last few years I feel I've treated the parks almost like chores :/ perhaps not THAT bad, but things that have to be done because they're on my planner. Go there, take a deep breath, join in the masses, try and get to where Im going, get out and tick it off.

I'm not sure I've sat down in the magic kingdom, taken a deep breath and taken stock of where I am for the last X visits :/

Any one else or is it just me?!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We always take the time to sit and chill out. World Showcase is the best. I particularly enjoy getting a Labatts in Canada, finding a bench to sit at, and let the kids have a little run around. Even in the height of summer if you come off the main path, there's plenty of room for them to do that.
    You also get moments like this

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww love this picture

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    My perfect day would be to go to the Magic Kingdom, get a dole whip and sit in front of my castle. I don't have to do anything else.

I think I'm the exact opposite. The more I go, the less I feel the need to rush. I love to sit and people watch (which is much more entertaining when it's hot out). I've spent many many hours in the tequila cave and the pub in the UK.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's my favourite from the whole trip :-D

Post Thanks / Like
    Truly beautiful picture Vikki

I don't know what it is that's stopping me from taking time to enjoy the surroundings :/ I think it's the crowds
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes the crowds are bad. I can understand that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that no matter now busy it is, there's always places to relax. I find the trails at AK are reslly good for that too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must admit, I've been a bit of a rushing Ronnie recently (any fans of alliteration?!).

Last time I got to relax was at Disneyland. I was sitting at Casey's Corner with a hot chocolate in the evening, taking some time out to people watch. I enjoyed it for around 20mins before the idea sparked that I should visit DCA, as it was due to close shortly, so should be quiet. I let the thought percolate in my head for about a minute before leaping to my feet and power walking to DCA.

I was surprised that when I entered, the cast member cheerfully greeted me with a huge smile and said 'enjoy your evening'. I was expecting to be told that the park would soon close.

All I can say is that was one of the best decisions I made. Not only did I get to walk on Radiator Springs Racers (twice!) but also got time to take some shots of the neon-lit Cars Land while it was relatively empty and catch World of Colour as I exited. After the show, I strolled back slowly and took in the atmosphere, relishing the cast members with their Mickey hands waving goodnight.

The magic of Disney parks doesn't require you to be still, just going slow enough and being aware enough to experience it.

Cars Land.jpg Cozy Cone.jpg Radiator Springs.jpg V8 Cafe.jpg World of Colour.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    We now spend a great deal of time just sitting and watching the world go by.
    There are so many spots but a few of our favourites are:
    The hidden walkway beside the river in Frontierland. Never busy.
    The Dawa bar in AK.
    The gardens in China or UK, Epcot.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast