Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you discover Walt Disney world?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 327577, member: 46
    Lauren, it is so good to see you I was only thinking about you a few weeks ago, wondering how you are and how the plans are coming along xx

Beautiful memories that last forever.
    Hi Wendy! How are you? I've been meaning to come back and say hi but always so busy! We've had to put the plans back to 2015 now for various reasons but I am currently researching prices and places that were in dads plans! My partner and I have decided to get married there too which will be amazing! I'm going to have a nose through all the wedding threads for some inspiration.

Hope you and the family are well xxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Rogers, post: 327583, member: 4117
    Hi Wendy! How are you? I've been meaning to come back and say hi but always so busy! We've had to put the plans back to 2015 now for various reasons but I am currently researching prices and places that were in dads plans! My partner and I have decided to get married there too which will be amazing! I'm going to have a nose through all the wedding threads for some inspiration.

Hope you and the family are well xxxx
    oh Lauren , married at Disney that would be WONDERFUL!!!!!! We got married there so feel free to ask anything
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 327598, member: 3
    oh Lauren , married at Disney that would be WONDERFUL!!!!!! We got married there so feel free to ask anything
    Thanks Keith! Will take you up on that as I'm really not sure where to start! It won't be for a couple of years but once the real planning commences I will pick your brains!

Did you get married at the beginning or end of your trip?

I bet it was magical!

Post Thanks / Like
    YAY! Another wedding!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Rogers, post: 327612, member: 4117
    Thanks Keith! Will take you up on that as I'm really not sure where to start! It won't be for a couple of years but once the real planning commences I will pick your brains!

Did you get married at the beginning or end of your trip?

I bet it was magical!
    At the very beginning! we flew out on the Thursday, got the marriage license on the Friday Morning and were married at 4pm on Saturday at the wedding pavilion.

In the end, it was all magical and I can't think of a better location.

I should say I spent a year "planning" it with Disney events and weddings and I can't say THAT was always free from frustration ;-) in fact I changed out the Disney wedding planner twice and wasn't really that happy with the one we ended up with! They may be better now, but back then they were very focussed on larger weddings because those were the events which really made their CV and got them promotions. So I felt like they were quite dismissive of our tiny wedding... there was a lot of "oh just tick which box for flowers, which cake, and then we'll see you on the day". It didn't help that we were doing it all from the UK.

...but end of the day, when you can see the Magic Kingdom castle out of the window during the ceremony and even see fireworks going off, you can't really do better
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 327616, member: 3
    At the very beginning! we flew out on the Thursday, got the marriage license on the Friday Morning and were married at 4pm on Saturday at the wedding pavilion.

In the end, it was all magical and I can't think of a better location.

I should say I spent a year "planning" it with Disney events and weddings and I can't say THAT was always free from frustration ;-) in fact I changed out the Disney wedding planner twice and wasn't really that happy with the one we ended up with! They may be better now, but back then they were very focussed on larger weddings because those were the events which really made their CV and got them promotions. So I felt like they were quite dismissive of our tiny wedding... there was a lot of "oh just tick which box for flowers, which cake, and then we'll see you on the day". It didn't help that we were doing it all from the UK.

...but end of the day, when you can see the Magic Kingdom castle out of the window during the ceremony and even see fireworks going off, you can't really do better
    I can imagine that to be very frustrating! We too only have a small party coming so I imagine it to be the same for us. As you may know, dad had his 'celebration of life' trip he wanted to do post transplant which we are still going to do and we were considering marrying then. I think it'll be too much emotionally to combine so were hoping to fulfil his dream trip next year and hopefully marry the year after so I'm thinking I may be able to plan some stuff with them whilst were out there on dads trip.
    It must be frustrating planning a wedding abroad even with a helpful wedding planner!!
    Thanks for the advice, I think it'll be nice to marry at the beginning of the trip so that you can relax and enjoy the honeymoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Lauren!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, so great to hear from you Lauren. I am so glad that you will be celebrating a few big events at WDW. Just great hearing you are doing well.

I guess I was Disney before Disney was cool (apologies to the country song). Like others, I grew up watching WD's world of color every Sunday. It was marvelous. But it didn't really kick in until going to see his designed attractions at the NY World's Fair. I was only 6 or 7 and it just blew my little mind. I think I was clinically depressed after the WF closed. I had a viewmaster viewer of the world's fair and would just look at the images over and over. My dear wife Mrs. Skip and I went for the first time in 1988 and stayed at the Disney Inn. We saved forever as we were poor teachers and didn't have a lot of money. What can I say. We went over Thanksgiving and the place magically turned from fall to Christmas/holiday decorations seemingly overnight (literally, the day we arrived, no Christmas tree in the hall or lobby, the next morning, the whole place was transformed.) We have been going back over the years, with our daughter to experience the magic that was and is Disney. Daughter went when she was 6, 10, 13, 16, and 21. Guess it is time to go again as she turns 23 this January. Maybe next year. Have just about enough Disney dollars saved for another trip and she will be graduating university this May.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember my grandparents having a Disney Vacation VHS when I was really young. I watched and wanted to go so bad. I always said I wanted to go ride the tea cups! I also was mesmerized by this huge white ball, and was confused to what Epcot was and how the 4 parks related. I never got to go as a child.

In April 2012, I started dating my now fiancÚ. Her family has been amazing to me and welcomed me with open arms to join them in Florida for my fiancÚ's brother's wedding. My mother-in-law asked us if we would like Disney World tickets for part of our Christmas present. My dream had come true!

I had originally planned to propose to future DW at Disney, but could not come up with the money for a ring in time. I still did not understand Disney World very good, as I do now thanks to this and other pages. We had planned to go to Downtown Disney the first night we were in Florida. This was another foreign concept I could not grasp or imagine the Magic of. I remember seeing R2-D2 ears on someone there and knew that had to be my first pair.

The day we went to MK was the last full day of our trip. We woke up extra early for the 2 hour drive and arrived shortly after rope drop. The sights and sounds were amazing! Words can't describe the Magic. From the archway, to the parking lot. The Avengers Monorail. Then the real deal. Main Street USA, the CASTLE. Then there it was in all its Magic, my first Disney World ride: THE TEA CUPS!!! I was probably the most excited 21 year old to ever be on the ride. I remember walking straight through the queue for Space Mountain with no wait, learning Fast Passes, the characters, parades, Christmas time, riding the train for probably 8 or 9 loops because we almost stayed from open to close and were so tired, but did not want to leave. Another highlight was seeing First Time visitor buttons and wanting one, but being embarrassed to look for one. The last store we went had one in the display case. I asked the CM how much they were and he handed me one saying here you go. It was my first taste on Pixie Dust. My DW to be could see the twinkle in my eye. I was officially hooked. I can't wait to place my honeymoon button next to it on the board. Speaking of honeymoon, my DW to be and me (poet and didn't even know it) decided that's where we will honeymoon, there is so much more Magic for me to discover. This amazing experience helped boost my Disney obessesion.

December 23, 2012: First Visit. Day Trip to Magic Kingdom
    September 14-21, 2014: Honeymoon. Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Room
    Me[Daniel] DW to be [Katie]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 327630, member: 301
    But it didn't really kick in until going to see his designed attractions at the NY World's Fair. I was only 6 or 7 and it just blew my little mind. I think I was clinically depressed after the WF closed.
    Oh yeah! I was 14. Flushing Meadows was unbelievable!

The Carousel of Progress, It's a Small World, Ford's Magic Skyway, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Loved, loved, loved the whole thing. BTW Dan, if you're looking for a real nostalgia trip, pick up this album from Amazon. It'll take you right back there!

Tom ( ... There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast