Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats better the swan or dolphin?

Post Thanks / Like
    They're priced differently sometimes from what I can see, so which is better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I find them essentially the same. The exteriors are different, but that's about it. They share the same pool and swimming areas, and the restaurants are open to everyone, so I'd go with the one that gives you the best rate.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, go with the best rate you can always go from one to the other anyway.

Having said that, I just about prefer the dolphin piano player in the lobby by the bar, 24hr food place etc. The main restaurants are there too.

The swan is quieter though
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that both of these resorts have more of a "convention" feel to them...loads of folks there on business and not too many folks on vacation. At least that`s been the case whenever we`ve been to the Blue Zoo...which is an excellent restaurant BTW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 37867
    I find that both of these resorts have more of a "convention" feel to them...loads of folks there on business and not too many folks on vacation. At least that`s been the case whenever we`ve been to the Blue Zoo...which is an excellent restaurant BTW.
    yep I'd agree with both those statements!

In fact when we were last at the dolphin there were several large conferences on. I can't say it bothers me, but it does change the feel of a hotel thats for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 37872
    In fact when we were last at the dolphin there were several large conferences on. I can't say it bothers me, but it does change the feel of a hotel thats for sure
    When we last went to the Blue Zoo Keith there was a huge convention going on and we had to literally force our way through the rather noisy gaggle of folks around the bar area en-route to the restaurant.
    It hasn`t put us off re-visiting though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arghhh..Terry/Keith wish I hadn't read this thread

I hated the 'business/convention' feel of the YC last year and am now going to trawl through the VH brochure and poss change from the Swan next year

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie2, post: 37892
    Arghhh..Terry/Keith wish I hadn't read this thread

I hated the 'business/convention' feel of the YC last year and am now going to trawl through the VH brochure and poss change from the Swan next year
    argrhgrhgrgh noooo Debbie!

I wish I could magic you there for a day to see what its like because its the only way to REALLY get a feel for it.

I really like the swan/dolphin. The price and location great. Great restaurants, good rooms, better channels on the tv and so on.

The dolphin is far more conventiony than the swan because thats where the events tend to be held in my experience.

HOWEVER, dont want to give you duff info, neither has that disney hotel feel. Both feel more like business hotels than say he poly, wilderness lodge etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    i loved the swan it was smaller or seemed that way to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, those are very good points. It is definitely the site of many a convention. I used to park at the Swan (ages ago) and walk through the Swan to the walkway to EPCOT. Nearly every time there was a convention going on there.

Coronado Springs tends to be the same way.

My relatives stayed at the Dolphin for a convention a couple of years ago. Lovely place, but it was definitely convention center.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast