Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: campfire evening at The Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like
    that's exactly what I was thinking when I typed that! I am replaying Mommie Dearest in my head

Post Thanks / Like
    Wire coat hangers conduct heat which would equal very hot fingers.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes and make sure you don't eat directly from the stick. We learned this the very hard way when roasting marshmallows as kiddos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahem, a Brit here! What are "s`mores"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Graham crackers sandwiched with marshmallows and melted chocklit and covered in more chocklit.

Go to 50s Prime Time for the best version ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could use a long toasting fork that is usually carried in the outdoor cooking sections of Target and places like walmart.

You roast the marshmallow then place it hot on a graham cracker half, top it with a portion of chocolate and then another graham cracker half. The heat from the marshmallow melts the chocolate a bit and you eat it like a sandwich.

Personally, I find them unbearably sweet, and a little icky. I don't like marshmallow though, so that tells you why.

It's best to have a thin chocolate if possible. If the the bar is too thick it won't melt well and you have a clunky mess.

If you buy chocolate coated graham crackers that saves having to deal with the chocolate candy bar.

But they still are unbearably sweet and a little icky. :o

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and never use wire coat hangers! The paint (or other coating) on them is very toxic. Same for using "sticks" that you find in the wild. You'd better know your trees or you could end up with something toxic, too. Plus, stripping a tree for a marshmallow stick is probably heavily frowned upon at Disney.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok then...is this the point where I admit I have a collapsible wiener roaster? It operates a bit like the walking sticks vision impaired folks use...it fits right in my bag and then unfolds and locks to the proper length. What can I say? We did a lot of camping in my youth.

Post Thanks / Like
    You need to get out more. :rofl:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like that 'dog roaster might just come in handy. You could roast those marshmallows, fill the pit left by the roaster (I'm picturing a larger "stabbing" end on it than a toasting fork?) with chocolate ghirardelli fudge sauce and smoosh it between those aforementioned graham crackers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast