Thread: Ohio Woman Accused of Booking Bogus Trips to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like
    An Ohio woman has been accused of scamming thousands of dollars from people who thought they were booking Disney World vacations. Lisa Andres, the accused, was arrested earlier this week on a separate theft charge. Jennifer Zale claims that after paying Andres over $5000 for a family vacation, she arrived at Disney World to find nothing on file or booked.

You can read the full story here.

Tragic. And just really frustrating for those TA's who work hard and go the extra mile for their clients. Just another reminder that if you're going to use a TA, make certain they're someone you can trust! And ALWAYS check references!

Post Thanks / Like
    As a TA, I don't take money from a client. I make the payment directly to Disney. I also guard the cc info with my life

I'd like to add that this is one reason that referrals from clients are so important.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    How horrible for the family :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Deplorable. If she wanted to pull a scam like that, why not offer bookings to Las Vegas?

At least then you have less of a chance of hurting children.

(I don't condone the scam, I'm just sickened by her choice of venue)

Post Thanks / Like
    Upon reading the full article in the above link, it doesn't sound like this woman was actually representing herself as a TA. The other part of this looks like a timeshare scam. I feel really bad for those who fell for this :-( it's just like buying tickets from those little booths outside of stores in Orlando or buying tickets off of eBay. You don't know if you what you are buying is legit. Sometimes it is but mostly it is not.

I wonder if the lady forged Disney travel docs to the family. Or if they didn't receive anything. I have lots of questions.

PLEASE if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I consider myself a budget queen and I've utilized many discount things for Orlando trips. If you have any questions if something is legitimate, PLEASE ask me or post a question on the boards. I'd really hate to see someone get robbed :-( I know many people who would have never been able to pay another $5K once they arrived

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies if it came across in that sense, but I didn't intentionally imply that she represented herself as a TA. I do, however, think it makes it difficult for TA's (or anyone else) who is genuinely trying to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 328065, member: 61
    Apologies if it came across in that sense, but I didn't intentionally imply that she represented herself as a TA. I do, however, think it makes it difficult for TA's (or anyone else) who is genuinely trying to help.
    No apologies needed! Your post didn't imply that. I was just expanding on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 328061, member: 92
    Upon reading the full article in the above link, it doesn't sound like this woman was actually representing herself as a TA. The other part of this looks like a timeshare scam. I feel really bad for those who fell for this :-( it's just like buying tickets from those little booths outside of stores in Orlando or buying tickets off of eBay. You don't know if you what you are buying is legit. Sometimes it is but mostly it is not.

I wonder if the lady forged Disney travel docs to the family. Or if they didn't receive anything. I have lots of questions.

PLEASE if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I consider myself a budget queen and I've utilized many discount things for Orlando trips. If you have any questions if something is legitimate, PLEASE ask me or post a question on the boards. I'd really hate to see someone get robbed :-( I know many people who would have never been able to pay another $5K once they arrived
    Johnie I wondered also about the travel documents. Working for the DoD we are trained on how to spot scams like this all the time and I really feel sorry for the folks that got caught up in it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix