Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport hotels

Post Thanks / Like
    do you always stay over night in an airport hotel? I must admit we always do now because of worry about missing the plane due to traffic. Plus to allow for traffic we'd have to leave before we went to bed

Post Thanks / Like
    We always stay overnight in a hotel.

We have a 4 hour plus drive to the airport so we just couldn't take the chance of driving up before the flight, there are too many things that could go wrong.

I think it's more relaxing as well, staying in a hotel, it feels like the holiday has started.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Donna and I are taking international or long haul flights it is not unusual for us to overnight at a hotel near the airport. We aren't much more than an hour from any of our airports here but traffic has been known to be nightmarish.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I live about 1h15m away from Gatwick, which is plenty close enough to drive there the morning of the flight.

Two trips ago, however, I had a scary experience trying to navigate some very heavy traffic. By the time I had parked the car and taken the bus to the terminal, I was late for the flight! By the grace of God, the flight was delayed 20mins, which was just enough for the lady at check-in to allow me on.

That whole trip I started considering whether it would be best to go the night before but instead, I just decided to leave at silly o'clock, which has not only been successful but also really comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Always, even though we're less than an hour from Gatwick.

Last year we stayed at Gatwick Manor the night before. It's a Premier Inn so it's a chain hotel but it's more than adequate for us. The pub next door has a fantastic restaurant - you need to book in advance.

We just wanted somewhere to stay the night before and we ended up with an extremely pleasant stay and this is our first choice now without a doubt. It's about a 10 minute drive from the south terminal (or 20 if Adrian's driving and doesn't read the signs).

Post Thanks / Like
    No, the Richmond airport is less than 30 minutes away.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 328117, member: 32
    Last year we stayed at Gatwick Manor the night before. It's a Premier Inn so it's a chain hotel but it's more than adequate for us. The pub next door has a fantastic restaurant - you need to book in advance.
    you can't beat a good premier inn! All I really want is clean and comfortable and on the whole they deliver on that

Post Thanks / Like
    Living in Scotland it makes really good sense to go the day before. We always stay at the Hilton and do twilight check in the night before. Just a 5 minute walk to the terminal and it's only once on the place I begin to relax a bit. Going the day before adds another day to your holiday and is really exciting (I know I'm sad aren't I?)

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piglet, post: 328194, member: 124
    Living in Scotland it makes really good sense to go the day before. We always stay at the Hilton and do twilight check in the night before. Just a 5 minute walk to the terminal and it's only once on the place I begin to relax a bit. Going the day before adds another day to your holiday and is really exciting (I know I'm sad aren't I?)

i think a lot of people think the same thing including myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only 45mins from Manchester airport so I've never seen the point BUT I would if Virgin offered twilight checkin there
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast