Thread: Curry

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any resturants in Orlando that you can get a good curry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to quite like Passage to India on the 192, but they have relocated to South International Drive. They were good but very expensive for what you get.

New Punjab on International Drive was far more authentic, although once, there was a dish that was over-salted. They've opened a new place on the 192 now - I had a takeaway from them and I was impressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G, post: 328163, member: 1391
    I used to quite like Passage to India on the 192, but they have relocated to South International Drive. They were good but very expensive for what you get.

New Punjab on International Drive was far more authentic, although once, there was a dish that was over-salted. They've opened a new place on the 192 now - I had a takeaway from them and I was impressed.
    Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I love a good curry myself Robert. It's one thing I always look forward to when I am in the UK. A lot of places here in the US seem to think that we Americans don't care for spicy curry so they have a tendency to tone it down a bit. The only curry I've eaten in the Orlando area was Sanaa. So if you find a good place make sure you let us know please.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Disney are missing out on this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never found anywhere that does Indian curries the way I like them, Thai food is very good generally though my favourite is Penang mmmm

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally haven't tried any curry restaurants because those of my friends who have, haven't rated them. My daughter's best friend who is Asian went to Orlando five years ago and they struggled big time to find any really good Indian restaurants. Even though they went armed with recommendations, they came away very disappointed with the food quality.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.memoriesofindiacuisine.com

This is the best (and most authentic) Indian restaurant in the area. If you say spicy, BEWARE!!! It's HOT!! (And yep, I like hot)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I like tasty rather than hot. Here what passes for curry nowadays is more like slops :( a few pieces of chicken in a sloppy sauce that resembles semolina :(

I go to Morrisons and get their Mumtaz brand curry as it's the nearest I can find to authentic proper Indian curry. Apparently Mumtaz restaurant in Bradford is the one to go to for authentic curry in the UK? I must go there some time.