Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to leave Magic Kingdom after wishes fireworks?

Post Thanks / Like
    hi all

last time we saw wishes we were put off a bit by the scrum trying to get out of the place. It took ages, we were run into all the time by pushchairs along with comments from ecvs that we should be looking out for them. It was just a nightmare and spoilt things a bit

So looking for tips on how best to leave?

Some people say it's best to hang around the shops for 30mins and let the crowds go but then others say that can mean joining very long queues for the buses?

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely hang around before leaving. I usually take the opportunity to take some night photos of the park without the hoards of people around (who always ruin a good photo!).

If the park is still open, use that time to ride some of the big rides that you would normally have to queue for, or even those rides which look different at night like the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which I still haven't got round to riding in the dark!).

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't stayed until after Wishes for years, I miss that but because I can't walk very fast I panic when people are pushing to get past.

I never thought of staying in the park until the majority have left. It's something I will have to think about for next year.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We watch it just in front of the train station. We usually get a spot just behind the garden barriers so nobody blocks our view, then we're right next to the exit and can make a quick exit :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 328236, member: 106
    We watch it just in front of the train station. We usually get a spot just behind the garden barriers so nobody blocks our view, then we're right next to the exit and can make a quick exit :)
    thats a really good idea!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 328236, member: 106
    We watch it just in front of the train station. We usually get a spot just behind the garden barriers so nobody blocks our view, then we're right next to the exit and can make a quick exit :)
    This is what we do in the summer but Christmas week it is still too hectic so we watch the electric parade then head over to the TTC and watch from there - they feed the sound to this area too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take Mace and a Taser.... you'll be out in no time :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 328242, member: 28
    This is what we do in the summer but Christmas week it is still too hectic so we watch the electric parade then head over to the TTC and watch from there - they feed the sound to this area too.
    Wouldn't the tree be in the way at Christmas or do you mean you stand behind the fence in front of where the tree is?

Do the fireworks "make sense" from the TTC ? or are they all over the place?

We watched from by Philarmagic last time and whilst amazing in their own right, the story wasn't obvious because it's meant to be watched from main street
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    i take it as just one of those things to be honest. We have tried to stay before and have found that the lines for the buses or trams are really long. We tend to have a plan- and seem to accomplish it quite successfully without pushing or shoving

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 328253, member: 3
    Wouldn't the tree be in the way at Christmas or do you mean you stand behind the fence in front of where the tree is?

Do the fireworks "make sense" from the TTC ? or are they all over the place?

We watched from by Philarmagic last time and whilst amazing in their own right, the story wasn't obvious because it's meant to be watched from main street
    The fireworks do make sense - although you aren't central to them....and it takes a couple of hours off your time to get out of the park at this crazy time of year. We know we will be back each summer to watch from Main Street so it does for us :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast