Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best way to leave Magic Kingdom after wishes fireworks?

Post Thanks / Like
    We hang out until the crowd clears. I don't understand everyone's need to rush to go stand in another line (monorail, bus, ferry)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 328236, member: 106
    We watch it just in front of the train station. We usually get a spot just behind the garden barriers so nobody blocks our view, then we're right next to the exit and can make a quick exit
    I discovered this by accident - we were 'popping' back to the park for the fireworks but mis-timed it and got slightly late. By the time we got there, they'd already started so we stood by the train station, it was remarkable how easy it was to leave!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G, post: 328211, member: 1391
    Definitely hang around before leaving. I usually take the opportunity to take some night photos of the park without the hoards of people around (who always ruin a good photo!).
    What he said! Sometimes, we just sit in front of the castle...in my opinion, there is nothing more peaceful. After a half hour or so of "soaking up the atmosphere" we wander out. The bus lines may still be a bit long, but the hoards of people leaving are gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 328241, member: 3
    thats a really good idea!
    We only discovered that spot because we don't like waiting around for a 'good' spot :wink: although we always go there now, perfect view in my.opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    We tried watching from the train station but found that they didn't turn all the lights out and it was off putting.

We tend to watch from near the Walt & Mickey statue and then stay behind to do photos. You can get great night castle photos with hardly anyone in them as everyone seems to think they must leave straight after the fireworks

Post Thanks / Like
    I really must try this one night.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never rush it takes as long as it takes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually watched Wishes from behind the Castle this trip and that was so cool! Since we had already seen the display during this trip we headed back. You can still see almost everything, but they are more scattered around. Some are right behind the Castle and some seem to come from over behind Beast's Castle. Other than the odd bit of ash falling, the kids were dancing around and having a great time. As soon as the works were over (the rides in FL don't run during), we rode Peter Pan (15 min wait), Small World (no wait), The Carousel (5 min wait), Winne the Pooh (no wait), and then walked over and on to PoC. After all that we walked back through the Castle and the crowds were long gone. We headed out to the bus stop and walked right on to a waiting bus. Well worth staying up a bit late

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 328453, member: 84
    We actually watched Wishes from behind the Castle this trip and that was so cool! Since we had already seen the display during this trip we headed back. You can still see almost everything, but they are more scattered around. Some are right behind the Castle and some seem to come from over behind Beast's Castle. Other than the odd bit of ash falling, the kids were dancing around and having a great time. As soon as the works were over (the rides in FL don't run during), we rode Peter Pan (15 min wait), Small World (no wait), The Carousel (5 min wait), Winne the Pooh (no wait), and then walked over and on to PoC. After all that we walked back through the Castle and the crowds were long gone. We headed out to the bus stop and walked right on to a waiting bus. Well worth staying up a bit late
    That must have been awesome! A 15 minute wait on Peter Pan is almost unheard of! Nicely done!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you watch it just in front of the character meet and greet area, where the gardens are, the lights won't put you off :-D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast