Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th July

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. My family and I have booked to go to Orlando from Northern Ireland this June for 12 days. Our holiday puts us there over the 4th July and I was wondering if anyone would advise to go to a Park on this day or stay at the hotel on idrive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!!! It will no doubt be crowded on that day, but I think if it were me, I would still go and just plan accordingly! Make best use of fast passes, perhaps book an ADR for a meal midday (a chance to cool off and recharge), and just enjoy the day!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is going to be VERY busy, not only on the holiday itself, but on the days leading up to it and immediately after. Definitely go to a park, but choose carefully and go early. July 4th is the second biggest day for the MK (and sometimes the other parks) to close due to capacity. The parks will be open longer on those days (with the exception of AK, unless something changes) but if WDW follows suit, there will be two fireworks shows at MK and EPCOT so you can leave earlier than midnight or thereabouts.

It's a great holiday to be in the US, but I would say that, wouldn't I? :D

Welcome to Secrets!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Secrets! I would also suggest you prepare for the totally non Irish weather that you will experience. I assume it will be really crowded (never been to WDW in the summer) but it has to be much hotter than Virginia in July and that is saying something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the board!

I've never been during the celebrations, my last July trip missed it by a few days. Everyone was telling me how amazing the fireworks were though, so brave the crowds and get to a park!

My advice is to arrive early to do the big attractions, slow down, or take a break midday and then take it fairly slowly in the afternoon - take in the atmosphere, watch as many sit-down shows as you can. Then, enjoy the evening's entertainment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies and welcomes. This will be our first trip to Florida so will make the make the most of this Board to help plan the trip.

We leave on the 5th to fly to Philly to stay with family so I'm expecting those last two days to be hectic!!

Booking an ADR is a really good idea and one I will get on to now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic! Let us know what you decide on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelufc, post: 328735, member: 4965
    Thanks for the replies and welcomes. This will be our first trip to Florida so will make the make the most of this Board to help plan the trip.

We leave on the 5th to fly to Philly to stay with family so I'm expecting those last two days to be hectic!!

Booking an ADR is a really good idea and one I will get on to now.
    Philly? Hey great stop for a famous cheese steak....from Pat's or Geno's in south Philly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 328801, member: 61
    Fantastic! Let us know what you decide on!
    Will do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 328802, member: 301
    Philly? Hey great stop for a famous cheese steak....from Pat's or Geno's in south Philly.
    We're about 40 minutes outside the city but still plenty of places to get a good cheese steak!! Can't wait now!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast