Thread: Memories

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you think of Disney what are your memories

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    The very first thing I thought of was of a little boy standing on line at IASW with a HUGE Mexican hat. :D He had that hat for years. :D

The second thing I thought of was another little boy and I riding Dumbo. As the elephant car started to move and ascended, he shouted, "HE'S FLYIN' HE'S FLYIN!" Too precious.

Many good memories. Watching Tapestry of Nations, Illuminations, NYE in EPCOT, That first (TERRIFIED) time on Alien Encounter, that second (ICANTBELIEVEIMDOINGTHISAGAIN) and LAST time on ToT! Seeing the gorilla baby crying because he had a leaf stuck on his foot. Seeing the dominant male silverback on the family side, signing. Seeing the baby tamarins being carried on the back of the adults (as you can tell, LOTS of AK good memories). Lunching in the rain, outdoors under an umbrella in France. Being invited to MNSSHP by our dearest friends and seeing the BEST parade at MK! :D (Not to mention loads of candy). :D :D

So many wonderful memories...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had the chance to go as a kid, but have wonderful memories of each and every time we went. On our first vist, the memory of seeing the parks and our resort (Disney Inn) seemingly transformed overnight to a Christmas spectacle, then the first time DW and I saw the castle, roaming Main Street. Peeking over from Epcot and seeing a new park being built behind the Dolphin and Swan - DHS

A great memory was checking into the brand spanking new Boarwalk, meeting my brother and sister in law who had just flown in from freezing Green Bay, WI and being thrilled of how marvelous the lobby was. DD Alex (then 6) running out to see the pool and the Keister Koaster slide. Then just being amazed at how happy she was skipping from place to place, humming songs, and carrying her way oversized pen and autograph book to get autographs. Seeing how she just looked at Jasmine and other princesses. Priceless.

Too many to go into but they are strong memories.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's probably the monorail. I don't know why, but every time I see it it sends tingles through me. Hearing the announcements just sends me to cloud nine.

... I just re-read that and I didn't mean it to sound as creepy as it does!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first trip to a WDW hotel. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge and my granddaughter was 4 (and she's now 19). I always have to visit the Lodge every time we go because it holds such happy memories and I love the smell of it

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the first time we went, we booked Disney as part of a multicentre holiday a real cheapy off the tv with florida then new york and vegas. So we get off the plane and are met by a plain white van which has about 15 of us crammed in As it goes around dropping people off at wonderful Disney hotels, we're looking out for ours. 20 mins later we get dropped off at ...... travelodge main gate east. Oh dear. It was soooooooo awful and we were so disappointed. Anyway there was an advert outside on a flashing sign for Disney Room available so I called on the off chance and they said yeah come on over. From the moment I heard the nice kind voices on the phone to the moment we walked into all star movies and saw the decorations, theming, christmas tree etc. we just had huge smiles.

Of course we now know all stars is just the tip of the iceberg but for all we knew at the time it could've been the best room at the grand floridian. We just loved it.

Walking through the lobby the next day with the CMs saying hi and smiling, everyone happy, the shop full of Disney magic and as we got to the lobby a character bus arrived! All the characters in one place for photos and signatures.

We've had lots of great Disney memories but I'll always remember that first experience and all star movies will always be special to me.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few, I can't just single out one, the first time we went and I walked into the Magic Kingdom, saw the castle and got all teary. I had two things that I dreamt of doing and going to WDW was one of the. I have such wonderful memories of that holiday.

One Christmas we went with our friends and we took our friend's daughter to BBB, she chose the Fairytale Princess Package (I think that's what it was called) her face when she turned round and saw herself was an image I will never forget, she still talks about it now.

We went to the MK and met friends there, we also met a young man who was very shy, they were coming of IASW and he came over gave me a hug and said "Hi Miss Wendy" he had my heart from that moment on.

Later in the day, as a treat he was told he could choose to become a pirate at Pirates League, he chose Jack Sparrow. I have never seen a child with such big beautiful eyes, watching his face being made up, I think he chose the black eye, I can't remember properly, I just remember the look on his face, I don't think he could believe this was happening. He made a mighty fine pirate :D

As the evening drew on he wanted to go on the speedway and he chose to go on it with Chris. To see him holding Chris' hand walking in front bought a lump to my throat, there was Chris all 6ft 2" of him with this little boy reaching up to hold his hand, it was a very special moment. I wish I'd taken a photo of it.

Going to MNSSHP with friends and laughing as Chris encouraged my little man to go back around again if it was quiet. If there were two bins, the pair of them would go through twice as well to make sure they got lots of candy We have been to MNSSHP lots of times, but that is the best night we had.

Memories are wonderful :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 329079, member: 46
    Memories are wonderful :)
    exactly and that what it's all about really. Money, jobs, cars they all come and go but no one can take your memories
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Becca, I so agree with you.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 329083, member: 3
    exactly and that what it's all about really. Money, jobs, cars they all come and go but no one can take your memories
    what he said!