Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun - London 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Having had my viewing of the Olympic closing ceremony spoilt by the appearance of David Beckham I want to know what you DON'T want to see at the opening or closing ceremonies at London 2012.

Just a bit of fun.

I don't want to see any Beckham, Mick Jagger, Cliff Richard, Paul McCartney, anyone from the cast of Eastenders, those Pearly Kings and Queens, Tony Blair or anyone doing the Lambeth Walk. :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    No Mick? I don't know about that, Dawn. What about Sir Elton? I can live without Paul, never was my favorite.

How about the Royals? Any of those you care to see or not? I think the Sons of Princess Diana would be good to see!

What ever happened to Beatrix, by the way?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing the royals will be out in force which is fine. Paul is from Liverpool. Mick is too old and embarassing now. *cringe*

Sir Elton would be fine but I'm sure we have more modern Londoners we can showcase. It's my home city - I don't want to see embarassing stereotypes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh they aren't stereotypes! They are classics! Mick has so much energy that it's scary in a person his age.

No matter, I'm not up on modern anything! So who qualifies as a modern Londoner? (Don't just give me names now-I won't recognize them! I'll need a definition to go with it)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Preferrably no celebrities at all! The Olympics aren't about celebrities.

Would tolerate a few high-ranking royals, but really don't want to hear about Sir or Lady or Lord This or That. They should be mentioned only if they are representing their country in a high-level, official capacity.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have loved to see Freddy Mercury open the 2012 games with 'We will Rock You' but alas it will more likely be someone like Chas and Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Amy Winehouse? Is she a modern Londoner? :shocked025:
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I may just not have bbc on in my house for the next 4 years ....lol
    I have a fear this is all we will hear about until it is time to pass the torch on.

Post Thanks / Like
    no red bus with some has been playing guitar and an x factor winner:rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Boris Johnson. :|

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast