Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun - London 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Having had my viewing of the Olympic closing ceremony spoilt by the appearance of David Beckham I want to know what you DON'T want to see at the opening or closing ceremonies at London 2012.

Just a bit of fun.

I don't want to see any Beckham, Mick Jagger, Cliff Richard, Paul McCartney, anyone from the cast of Eastenders, those Pearly Kings and Queens, Tony Blair or anyone doing the Lambeth Walk. :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    No Mick? I don't know about that, Dawn. What about Sir Elton? I can live without Paul, never was my favorite.

How about the Royals? Any of those you care to see or not? I think the Sons of Princess Diana would be good to see!

What ever happened to Beatrix, by the way?
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing the royals will be out in force which is fine. Paul is from Liverpool. Mick is too old and embarassing now. *cringe*

Sir Elton would be fine but I'm sure we have more modern Londoners we can showcase. It's my home city - I don't want to see embarassing stereotypes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh they aren't stereotypes! They are classics! Mick has so much energy that it's scary in a person his age.

No matter, I'm not up on modern anything! So who qualifies as a modern Londoner? (Don't just give me names now-I won't recognize them! I'll need a definition to go with it)!
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Preferrably no celebrities at all! The Olympics aren't about celebrities.

Would tolerate a few high-ranking royals, but really don't want to hear about Sir or Lady or Lord This or That. They should be mentioned only if they are representing their country in a high-level, official capacity.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have loved to see Freddy Mercury open the 2012 games with 'We will Rock You' but alas it will more likely be someone like Chas and Dave.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Amy Winehouse? Is she a modern Londoner? :shocked025:
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I may just not have bbc on in my house for the next 4 years ....lol
    I have a fear this is all we will hear about until it is time to pass the torch on.

Post Thanks / Like
    no red bus with some has been playing guitar and an x factor winner:rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Boris Johnson. :|

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast