Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you Miss When You Get Home from Walt Disney World

When you get home from a wonderful holiday at Walt Disney World, what things do you miss so much that you want to go back?

I miss the Florida smell that hits you as soon as you leave the airport, I know I am home then. A Dole Float at the Magic Kingdom, caramel popcorn at Epcot, pink lemonade. Feeling as if I don't have a care in the world and can do anything I want to. Being able to act like a child and have a cuddle with Mickey or play around with Goofy, there are so many other things. I also miss special friends that I only get to see once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 329941, member: 46
    When you get home from a wonderful holiday at Walt Disney World, what things do you miss so much that you want to go back?

I miss the Florida smell that hits you as soon as you leave the airport, I know I am home then. A Dole Float at the Magic Kingdom, caramel popcorn at Epcot, pink lemonade. Feeling as if I don't have a care in the world and can do anything I want to. Being able to act like a child and have a cuddle with Mickey or play around with Goofy, there are so many other things. I also miss special friends that I only get to see once a year.
    I'm not even sure I have anything to add to your list...it's almost exactly mine!

I miss the friendliness of it all. The camaraderie with complete strangers, the smiles on the faces of the CM's. I also miss coming home each night to a freshly made bed! It seems silly, but around here things are usually so hurried, I don't take the time to properly make my bed; but I do love coming home after a long day and pulling back the sheets.

I miss the villa now

I spent a good ten years telling you all how much I loved onsite and how I didn't want to drive and stay in a villa and now, pulling up in the car to that villa feels like coming home and I just love it. I've said to the owner several times that if he wants a 24/7/365 guard, I'll sleep in the garage

We go out for drives around orlando and I just love that, all the little shops on the various strip malls and places I've never seen before.

I miss the restaurants. I don't know where I could go in north west uk to get a steak anything like Charleys.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Everything. Absolutely everything :-(

I miss the sunshine right now. And stepping out of your back door into your own private pool.

I miss Disney!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How do you answer that? I miss Mousekeeping. I don't have to clean or cook. I miss being waited on hand and foot when dining. I miss how the real world feels a million miles away and I don't have to worry about it. That and so much more.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 329972, member: 48
    I miss Disney!
    Yep

I miss walking around Epcot with a drink in my hand and the sun on my face listening to Off Kilter and The British Revolution. I miss getting into the pool after a long day at the park. I miss the smell of the orange groves on Soarin. I miss Wishes ,illuminations, fantasmic. I miss walking down Main Street smelling the confectionary shop and seeing the cast member selling balloons and the castle getting closer and closer. I miss everything about WDW and right at this moment I really miss it cause it is friggin freezing here in NYC and has been for about a month.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERHEAD1, post: 330084, member: 147
    I miss walking around Epcot with a drink in my hand and the sun on my face listening to Off Kilter and The British Revolution. I miss getting into the pool after a long day at the park. I miss the smell of the orange groves on Soarin. I miss Wishes ,illuminations, fantasmic. I miss walking down Main Street smelling the confectionary shop and seeing the cast member selling balloons and the castle getting closer and closer. I miss everything about WDW and right at this moment I really miss it cause it is friggin freezing here in NYC and has been for about a month.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast