Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPads fantastic with little ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Untitled by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

It's been a revelation this time. Obviously with us being soooo old when we had the first two it was just wooden hoops and gravel at the cutting edge of technology.

Right from the get go the white noise apps were phenomenal for helping to settle him and he has played with apps from a very early age. Thanks to a brilliant Richard scary app he can now recognise half a dozen letters ! By 19 months that can't be bad.
    Having Disney movies on sky movie app is cool for us too :)

Genuinely surprised

Post Thanks / Like
    I genuinely believe that when history is written, the ipad will go down as marking a step change in society. It'll be the first "computer" that most children encounter and it will shape the way they see technology and their expectations of it in later life. "have to use a mouse, keyboard instead of just pointing? are you KIDDING ?"

We're in this kind of half way house at the moment where the tablets are extras, but for a whole new generation, that will be their staple. I think we'll see a real change in applications and how they interact with us all over the coming years. Desktops will be dinosaurs for special applications only and laptops will be "OMG look over there at that guy with the HUGE folded tablet lol"

It's going to be one of those interesting times in computing when it's all change again
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    My 3yr old grandson is a whizz on his iPad. It's amazing to watch. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    And the scary bit? Steve Jobs envisioned something eerily similar to the iPad back in 1984 shortly after the Mac was released.

Post Thanks / Like
    We use them regularly in class during our learning tasks and they are such fantastic visual aids they enable even the least able student to understand the objectives quickly and easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them in my class all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 333998, member: 106
    I use them in my class all the time.
    Same at our schools from our one-year olds and forward through high school. Amazing capabilities. The early-childhood smartboards are equally incredible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 333986, member: 108

Untitled by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

It's been a revelation this time. Obviously with us being soooo old when we had the first two it was just wooden hoops and gravel at the cutting edge of technology.

Right from the get go the white noise apps were phenomenal for helping to settle him and he has played with apps from a very early age. Thanks to a brilliant Richard scary app he can now recognise half a dozen letters ! By 19 months that can't be bad.
    Having Disney movies on sky movie app is cool for us too :)

Genuinely surprised
    Another great photo. The lighting is really lovely.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used them at work too, cognitive rehab for people who have had strokes or brain injury and anxiety management. Love them and probably my most favourite possession

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 334001, member: 61
    Another great photo. The lighting is really lovely.
    Thanks Hun, the room was completely dark and his face was lit by an iPad ( which is why I put it in here) , I need to try again with brighter light on the iPad and the iPad in shot to make the point a little clearer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast