Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Email from Paypal - Scam?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just had the following email supposedly from paypal.
    Not reported any cards lost or stolen and why suddenly tell me about unusual activity in 2007?
    I've not clicked on the link as i feel this is ploy to get me to enter personal details.
    What do you think?

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of customers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

We are contacting you to remind you that on 02 January 2007 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

To secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may require some additional information from you for the following reason:

We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen, or that there were additional problems with your card.

This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account or credit card may be subject for temporary suspension.

To securely confirm your PayPal information please click on the link bellow:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure.

For more information about how to protect your account please visit PayPal Security Center. We apologize for any incovenience this may cause, and we apriciate your assistance in helping us to maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal system.

Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd log into paypal through the normal link, not through the paypal one given there and check it out
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks suspicious to me. We got a message similar to that one time and we don't even HAVE a paypal account!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Scam. Delete it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep....don't go there. You'll probably find they will ask you to confirm your account details etc :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    if you look on the paypal site there will be somewhere to report scam emails

Post Thanks / Like
    Checked my paypal account and have only had transactions since 17 Jan 2007.

Have forwarded the email to paypal.

Made me feel sick :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww. Rub some gin on it. That will make it better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 38736
    Awww. Rub some gin on it. That will make it better.
    have you got the wrong thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a phishing scam.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast