Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mosquitoes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im always getting bitten yet my partner never does :rolleyes008: does anyone have a foolproof spray or something to stop it happening?

Post Thanks / Like
    Deep Woods Off is a brand that has DEET in it. DEET is not a nice substance, so apply sparingly and wash off when you get done with being outdoors, but it will stop the biting. Any brand with DEET in it will work.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    we use some wipes from boots and find they do better than any others

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get Deep Woods Off (and other types) of wipes here too. They are a very good idea. You can easily control where you put the insecticide, and they are portable too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bought some mossie repellant bands and I wear those in bed too. They are for the wrists but as I get bitten to death I put them on my ankles in bed too.

I have bought Woodcutters something or other from WalMarts and I am taking that to Mexico with me... it better work.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is an ingredient in Avon's Skin So Soft range that helps with mosquito bights too. It's in the blue and green version.
    I know I've heard people use this in Florida and, my MIL teaches gardening and she uses it too. She uses the body wash and body lotion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Isafari that is known to work in many cases. I've had folks tell me that they've used Bounce fabric softener sheets too. They rub it on their exposed skin (not the face though) and pin it to their clothing to keep the mosquitos away.

None of those nice home remedies ever worked for me. :sigh; I always had to use the poison. :sigh; ('Splains a lot, doesn't it)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I also find citronella oil used sparingly also works very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 39932
    None of those nice home remedies ever worked for me. :sigh; I always had to use the poison. :sigh; ('Splains a lot, doesn't it)?
    Ooh ha...... sooooooooo many opportunities for jokes here... but I not going there... I not touching red hot potato's........... nope... nada.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Skin So Soft body lotion and haven't had a problem .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast