Thread: Polynesian or Grand Floridian?

Post Thanks / Like
    Planning for next year :D what would you do? polynesian or grand floridian, I dont want to split my stay because will be planning a cruise too

Post Thanks / Like
    for theming I love love love the Poly. GF is a little too chintzy for me personally. But loads of clients love GF.

Whatever you choose you will enjoy I am sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've stayed at the Poly and it was nice, but I found it very noisy. If I could afford the extra I'd go for the GF I really enjoyed wandering round there it was much nicer :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for the GF here.
    We`ve stayed there loads of times and it feels like home as soon as we arrive nowadays.
    That`s not to say that the Poly isn`t nice, but to me it always seems very dark and oppressive and furthermore the GF has much nicer restaurants.

Post Thanks / Like
    I preferred the GF too! It just has that sedate quality feel to everything there. Love the restaurants and the band etc.

Im ok with the polynesian but never *quite* understand the folks who stay at the poly every single time but heck, you can't go far wrong with either really can you ;)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    They are both lovely places to stay. I have been fortunate to stay in both.

The theming in the Poly is fantastic and Ohanas is a cool place to eat. I would also recommend doing the Luau.

However, for over all glamour and elegance my vote has to go to the Grand Floridian. It is such a gorgeous hotel and has the best restaurant on property the fantastic V & A.

When you first see the Grand Floridian it takes your breath away. I will always remember approaching it by boat on the seven seas lagoon and being blown away by its sheer beauty. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    GF gets my vote having stayed their twice. Love everything about it and woudl stay there every time if budget allowed.

I have dined several times at the Poly and also find it a bit dark.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone I know who works at the Poly calls the GF the Red Roof Inn!

I would like to stay at both. I particularly like the main building of the GF and Mizners! :D Slowhand pointed out where he and his wife were staying once (an end room near the water) and that looked like such a lovely location.

I like the pool bar there too. I've heard that it's stuffy and pretentious, and I've heard that it's just as warm and friendly as the All Stars can be.

But then, I always want to stay at whatever resort I've not stayed at yet! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 39614
    Someone I know who works at the Poly calls the GF the Red Roof Inn!
    there is a resort on SR535 that always reminds me of the GF. I can't remember the name of it right now.

I would prefer to stay at the Poly. I just love it there.

The GF is very pretty and everyone has always been very nice when I've been in but I'd feel funny carrying a Wal-Mart bag in there. probably just me.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    How about it Johnie . LOL
    Haven't stayed at either yet . Will be at The Poly one night as an early 50th bday present to my DH .