Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ireland trippie day 5 Thurs 14/8

Post Thanks / Like
    errr, yes! we've met a few dogs that take themselves for a walk- they come to say hello and won't let you go 'til you've patted them and talked to them

Post Thanks / Like
    Your photos are so very beautiful Mumof2. I love seeing the places you've been!

I LOVE the travelers! I did not see any caravans like that when we were there. It's great that they let you take their photo. Looks like they must lead a pretty rustic life.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 39918
    Your photos are so very beautiful Mumof2. I love seeing the places you've been!

I LOVE the travelers! I did not see any caravans like that when we were there. It's great that they let you take their photo. Looks like they must lead a pretty rustic life.
    thank you Tink! Yes, I would think they do live a fairly simple life - i must admit i don't ever remember seeing a van like that before - i've seen the pony and traps alright, but not the travellers....

i absolutely adore being up in the mountains, obviously they're civilised now with roads through them and houses dotted around the but when i get to a part where there are no houses i just love being there attempting to imagine how people lived there and travelled through them in a lifetime very long ago!

i can't describe the feeling it gives me just being there - it's breathtaking and my photos really don't do the scenery any justice at all......

Post Thanks / Like
    Woo Hoo! Just checked and Willow can go to Ireland and doesn't need a passport or anything.:D

*puts Ireland on places we must visit*

Post Thanks / Like
    I promise you, Mumof2 I share those indescribable feelings. They can't be put into words well, but Ireland grabs your soul and doesn't let go, doesn't it, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 39952
    I promise you, Mumof2 I share those indescribable feelings. They can't be put into words well, but Ireland grabs your soul and doesn't let go, doesn't it, eh?

you're so right Tink, i never lived there but every time i go i feel so at home - possibly because of the family still there although we don't see them all, you know how families can be sometimes :rolleyes008:

i didn't go for many years, since i was a young girl 'til i was maybe 20 ish, and then shortly after that Mum and Dad bought an old cottage with a big field out back - we used to go over a couple of times a year.

we had some fun there, and froze in the winter! the first one up in the mornings had to get the fire going

unfortunately my boys didn't get the benefit of it as it was sold when Jamie was a baby - it had got to the stage when all their visits were spent fixing it up, but my nephews had some fantastic fun there when they were young!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 39950
    Woo Hoo! Just checked and Willow can go to Ireland and doesn't need a passport or anything.:D

*puts Ireland on places we must visit*
    yaaay! do it Dawn, you'll love it - now of course you'll find that some places aren't as nice as others but overall it's fabulous. you need to experience Ireland, you really do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh. Having a cottage there would be so perfect. But I do understand about fixing up old buildings. I used to own a very old house. :sigh;

There is something about that country. Once it gets you, it never lets go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I truly hope to be able to make it back to Ireland some day and take Donna with me. I was there in the 80's and drove an American car stopping daily in a local pub for a pint and spending nights in B&Bs. It is a beautiful country.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 39988
    I truly hope to be able to make it back to Ireland some day and take Donna with me. I was there in the 80's and drove an American car stopping daily in a local pub for a pint and spending nights in B&Bs. It is a beautiful country.

oh i have a photo to show you John......wait right there

is this the hotel you stayed at?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast