Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acrylic Nails

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone go every couple of weeks to have these things filled . I hate these things, I really do . Since my nails were so short, I decided I would go and have them put on for the wedding . I was doing pretty good letting them grow up to a week ago . I really thought I wanted a cigarette, but its been over a year . Instead, I bit my nails . I went with the pink & white gels . I had them cut down to a workable length . I had them done about 1:00 and WoW, do they hurt now . Is it from the drill or the weight of the gel pulling on my real nail ? I took a couple of Advils . When can I expect the soreness to go away ?

Post Thanks / Like
    depends on how far you bit them down..they should be fine tomorrow

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    they didn't hurt anymore, if thats any sign to how low I bit them .

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL and you didnt want a ciggy...

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually a day or so.

I got pink and white gels in Feb. I will NEVER do that again. My nails are now finally back to normal.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I always have acrylics on..its the only way I can have nails

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to do them...a looooooooooooooong time ago....they've probably changed loads since I wore them, but they can do some *really* awful things to your real nails.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are pink and white gels? I have very strong nails that grow like weeds (and I keep them wicked short) so I've never learned about the kind you add on.

The person who does them at the little spa place I go to for a pedicure has the WORST looking nails; all icky colored, thick, cracked and broken short. I'd never let her touch mine!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    EWWWWWWWWW...no, I don't think I would either.

Our Headmistress was recently involved in an accident that fractured her toe...at the moment she has an "artificial" toe nail....

No, actually, I have no idea why I thought that was topical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, nails are damaged regardless of what digit they are on, eh?

But what are those gel things that Johnie and Tinker are referring to?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast