Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's my stinky fish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Another glorious morning met us when we woke this morning at about 6am. Spent the first hour of the day saying sssshhhhhh! a lot. Tea, toast and cereal eaten, showers had and bag loaded with sun cream, water and camera. We got into the car ready for our visit to Seaworld (or as Owen called it - The Sealife Centre). We arrived shortly after 9am to a quite empty car park. We already had our entry tickets so we were through the turnstyles and into the actual park very quickly. First stop, turtles. From there, stingrays. Poppy and Maisie found these fascinating, Owen not so much. We bid the stingrays farewell and made our way to the dolphins. For $7 we were given a small cardboard tray with three fish on. According to Maisie, when asked what they were, they were 'stinky fish". As we walked to the dolphin pool Owen, a boy of few words, said "where's my stinky fish?" He shared with Maisie.

Lovely dolphin!

After feeding them we went down to watch the dolphins from underneath swimming in their pool. I find this part so tranquil and could stay there all day but decided that would be silly! Time to move on!

By this time it was just after 11am and we decided to have an early snake lunch before the queues built up. We grabbed a BBQ lunch from a place I can't remember the name of. It was ok but I wouldn't rush back. The watermelon was good though.

With full tummy's we headed over to the penguins. Now this did interest Owen! Why? Is he a lover of all things penguin? No. He is a lover of all things 'moving walkway'! I'm stood there saying 'oh Owen look at the penguins' and Look at the baby one Owen' and what's he doing? He's got his head on one side, one eye shut, studying the moving hand rail. I think it was a good one!

Shamu next. Believe is the name of the show and is fantastic! Goosebumps all round. A little cheesy in places but it's a good cheesy.

Here's some very big fish!

I took a photo on my phone and sent it to Teresa. I'm still slightly amazed that I can take a photo at Seaworld and someone thousands of miles away can see it in minutes.

The only rain we had whilst at Seaworld came during the Believe show so we were very lucky being undercover and all. By this point we were flagging and the children were asking to go back to the swimming house (Owen's label for the villa).

A few minutes in the sand before we headed back to the car and a short hop home for a swim.

I will do the Hobby store, OBT and Bear Factory parts later as I'm holding everyone up getting to Epcot! I will also head back over the the Look Daddy, shoes trip report to post a picture of the shoes.

Bye for now!

Post Thanks / Like
    great report and photos claire
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay more trippies.

Glad you are having a fab time hun.XXX

Post Thanks / Like
    I love these on the spot reports can almost imagine being there

Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant report once again Claire...thank you :p015: Loving the photos!
    Oh yes...I wanna see those shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    What's a snake lunch?

You do mean snack lunch don't you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 40032
    What's a snake lunch?
    :
    I didn't wanna mention it! But now that you have, I can't wait to hear what it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and - $7 for 3 fish!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    :p i was afraid to open this because of the title. Oh yes, those little fish are stinky. When did they raise the price to $7??

Post Thanks / Like
    I did wonder if Claire was branching out and trying an exotic lunch - she is in Florida

I am loving these day by day reports :smiley4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast