Thread: Halloween or christmas party?

Post Thanks / Like
    We re still trying to decide when to go next year. The halloween party gets better reviews but then the christmas decorations are great because Ive been before at that time

what does everyone think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we go every Christmas and New Year and we absolutely love it. I'm more into the shows and parades than the rides so this time of year is great. However, if we could go over Halloween one year for the same length of time as we do Christmas (not actually possible because of work), I would like to give it a try. It would be something different so watch. A friend sent me some of their recordings of halloween and it does look like a lot of fun. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only done the Halloween party and it's fantastic so I would highly recommend that time of year, :p015: that said i would love to go at Christmas - sorry not much help am I?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 40198
    I have only done the Halloween party and it's fantastic so I would highly recommend that time of year, :p015: that said i would love to go at Christmas - sorry not much help am I?
    About as much help as I was

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 40199
    About as much help as I was
    Only been to DLRP at Halloween which was really good, spent loads of Christmases at WDW which was AMAZING that wasn`t any help either :rolleyes008: someone will be along soon that knows im quite sure
    Jacqui xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Have been to both.. I thought the halloween party is a bit more fun, a bit more to do BUT only marginally and the christmas decorations and feel last longer and are much better We go every year around december and wouldnt miss it for anything
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done both and marginally favour MVMCP over MNSSHP.

MNSSHP was fun, but there wasn't a lot for adults to do except the attractions. It was directed more toward very young children, as far as we could see. You can Trick-or-Treat and the parade and fireworks are fantastic, but it seemed there was more that I enjoyed at MVMCP.

However, with the cutbacks observed at MVMCP last year, I would say they're about even. I just prefer Christmas to Halloween. Halloween wasn't even an event--except dressing up and Trick-or-Treating--when I was young. No decorations or anything. So it isn't really on my radar for the most part--not to mention being EOM!