Thread: pay for holiday now because of exchange rate?

Post Thanks / Like
    hi what would you do? we could pay for the disney hotels now on a credit card while the exchange rate is 1.8 or wait until next year and hope it gets better not worse :/

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a bit like tossing a coin right now. The exchange rate could go either was and it takes a very brave man [or woman] to speculate on what will happen to the money market over the next year.
    Personally, if I felt that I would not have a greater need for the cash right now then I`d go ahead and pay the amount now. At least then it`s over and done with and whatever happens, unless your expenditure is in the `s, a few cents here and there on the exchange rate won`t make that much difference really.
    On the other hand, you could consider putting your cash into a deposit account in order to earn a bit of interest until the time comes to fork out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im wondering the same thing but the interest on the credit cards may be worse than any advantage gained by the exchange rate

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 40938
    Im wondering the same thing but the interest on the credit cards may be worse than any advantage gained by the exchange rate
    That was the decision I made when we were nearly 1 for 1 with the dollar a few weeks ago and now we are at 85 cents. :mad:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I would have been better off buying it then - ah well :rolleyes008: I know what ever I decided would have been the wrong thing

As Slowhand says it's not something you can predict.

I have to get it soon - we go in less than 3 weeks! :p015:
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymom, post: 40938
    That`s very true.
    My earlier post assumed that you had the funds to pay without using a cc.

Post Thanks / Like
    but it is still much better than the 1.34 we were getting a few years ago.... it's what I keep reminding myself when my hotel bill rocketed by 148 because of the fall in exchange rate.