Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which I-Drive Hotel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not included in your list, but I just read Mags' return post and her mention of Homewood Suites.

Would that be an option or are you limited by a package? You would have more space and a bit more of a kitchen, which could save you money, particularlyfor breakfast late snacks. :)

I'm not sure where it's located--I think the one I researched in 2003 was near WDW. There might be one on I-Drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Taja but the Homewood Suites are way more expensive than any of the hotels i am looking at.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all irrelevant now anyway as Virgin won't let me add an extra week to the holiday.
    Don't see how they can say no really as it's my holiday and usually it would be ok.

I'm prepared to pay the ammendment fee so surely i can adjust it as i need to.

If the price had gone up they'd have gladly taken my money.It's not my fault the cost has gone down.

I'm gutted :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe that Teresa - it's not like you are asking for any money back and some people have managed to get refunds. Are you going to take it further - it worked last time with the free dining.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa if i could phone myself i wouldn't give up but i booked through Val and they have told her no.

I don't know what to do as surely they can't stop me from making a change to my holiday.

Val says they will let me cancel,lose my deposit and rebook but that's it.

Post Thanks / Like
    But hey, you're still going for 3 weeks and now the VRoom meet is back on. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL that's the way i'm looking at it but it just seems so unfair that so many other people have been allowed to amend their bookings.

Virgin have been so inconsistent and if i had phoned the week before they wouldn't have had a problem with me doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 41627
    Lisa if i could phone myself i wouldn't give up but i booked through Val and they have told her no.

I don't know what to do as surely they can't stop me from making a change to my holiday.

Val says they will let me cancel,lose my deposit and rebook but that's it.
    Can you not get your booking details off Val and try again, you know what it is like with talking to different people at Virgin. Like you say a week ago they would have let you add a week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    When I've amended flights before with VA and they have been cheaper, I have had to pay the amendment fee and the price either stays the same as I've already paid or it goes up

On our trip for Christmas I extended for a week and as Chris was on a companion ticket I was able to swap him for a miles plus money fare but I couldn't change my own, because it was already in a discounted code. It would have been cheaper for me to swap both of them to miles plus money but I was unable to do this because of the terms and conditions of the ticket. So I ended up paying more than I wanted to to stay an extra week :sigh;

I'm assuming you have booked a fly drive Teresa and not a package holiday so this might be why the problem is arising.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy to pay the same price but they just won't let me add another week despite so many other people being allowed.

There are even peple that are ringing today and still getting a refund!

I know the booking details Lisa but the person who oiginal did the booking is the onl one who can make changes :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast