Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best ponderosa close to Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    last time we liked the ponderosa for breakfasts, whats a good one to go to that wont cost to much to get to?

Post Thanks / Like
    The one we went to was here:
    7598 W Irlo Bronson Meml Hwy
    Kissimmee, FL 34747
    (407) 396-7721

and it was nice. It's about 5 mins from disney too so if you are on your way to disney in a taxi or something it won't cost anymore than getting one straight to disney
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We always went to Ponderosa untill we tried Golden Coral on LBV road so now crossed Ponderosa off our buffet breckfast list.

Post Thanks / Like
    May I say this without giving offense? Ponderosa is known for really horrible food. By that I mean they use preservative laden mixes for much of their offerings. Even their fruit and some vegetables are soaked in a preservative mixture. The nutritional value of what they have to offer is really low grade.

Plus, I know someone who used to work there, and the stories I've heard were enough to keep me out of the place forever.

I don't mean to detract from anyone's enjoyment of the place (and clearly many people do enjoy it, or it'd not stay open) but I just felt it important to comment.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd just like to say...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww Pondersosa. OK the place has it's fans. If you want cheap food and you're not worried about quality then fine. It's just not for me. I like my eggs to come out of a shell.

Post Thanks / Like
    And directly into the pan...not via a powdering factory, eh? :sigh;

Sizzler is in the same category.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, both the Ponderosa and Sizzler have very tempting billboards to entice you in but I`d personally give them a miss.
    For breakfast I occasionally go to Bob Evans on US 192....any comments [good or bad] about this venue?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, we did Sizzler the first couple of times pre-internet when we didn't know better, only ever did Ponderosa once and thought it was yuck back then. Now off site we tend to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel as the price is much the same (although it's not a buffet) and the food seems far superior.
    There are a few others we are going to try out next time - heard some good things about Bob Evans.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 41369
    heard some good things about Bob Evans.
    Yeah I thought it was ok, but it would be nice to get a local opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually go to Perkins at the Crossroads for our offsite mega-breakfasts.

Do they still have fried mush on the menu at Bob Evans?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast