Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back home broke, tired but happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just arrived back a few hours ago after a great 17 day trip. We all had a wonderful time and I bumped into loads of people. First a few of the highs.

Homewood - great as ever and still our favourite budget hotel
    Coronado Springs - we absolutely loved it. Lisa Jayne(member of another forum and Disneyholic) checked us in and managed to get us a room in Cabanas 8b, right beside the bus stop and close to the main pool.
    Hollywood Studios - still out favourite and the one park we spent loads of time in.
    Shopping - especially Florida Mall.
    Toy Story Mania - one busy ride but great fun
    Some fabulous meals - Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Bahama Breeze and Mythos stand out
    Meeting lots of Disneyholics - Tinkerbell (Nicki) in the loos at Gatwick. We had a great chat but my ds was one grumpy madam and got a heck of a telling off afterwards.Michael who has Aspergers kepy saying things out of the blue and wanted to talk about his cooked breakfast at the B&B. We met up with Mike, Amanda, Jakki, Niamh, Barry, Caron and family (all members on here). It was lovely to meet you all and the chat was fab..
    I also bumped into Leanne and family (from the Dibb) at the exit to Mission Space. Michael was playing alongside Leanne's partner and kids without knowing it. We had a great old chinwag. I also saw another familiar face in the queue for H.Mansion and FSnug, another Disney fan as she exited the plane today.
    Virgin crews - they were excellent both ways. If only the delays were ironed out and they served decent food, they would be well on their way!
    I was also approached by an American lady who remembers me posting on a restaurant forum about eating in Coral Reef on the same day as her. She came up to me and asked if it was me as she reckoned no one else would be taking photos of food!
    Busch Gardens - after two unsuccessful visits, it was third time lucky for us. We had a wonderful day and are glad we tried again.
    Blue Man Group - it was one of the highlights without doubt.
    Kathryn getting her As and a B for uni and Michael who got 9 As a B, and a C in his GCSEs. I am so proud of them both but especially Michael as he has struggled all his life at school and this for him is a big achievement.

There were also some lows
    Weather - we had four dreadful days of rain during Fay. It wiped out our enjoyment of doing the parks but we still kept going
    Flying Fish and the Yachtsman - a mix up in the FF and poor steaks at the Yachtsman
    Hard Rock Hotel - a major disappointment. I simply didnt like the hotel at all. The music was so in your face all the time (in the loos, in Emacks, in the Kitchen, well everywhere except the corridors and bedrooms) It lacked any of the charm and luxury that the RPR had with no where to wind down without noise.A big problem was not having anywhere but the ice cream parlour to eat our breakfast. When we arrived the bathroom floor was filthy with hair and paper and there was dust as well as chipped furniture. Our upgraded pool room was awful. We had a view of a drainpipe and if we had had binoculars we could have seen the pool, well maybe! The corridors were always full of towel and linen trolleys, even at night and often rubbish sat outside doors for up to 12 hrs.
    Virgin delays and food - and Michael being violently sick just as the plane was about to land . A member of crew had to leave her seat to sort him out.
    Anyway, here we all are back in East Anglia - tired but happy.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home pleased you had a great time

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 41462
    Meeting lots of Disneyholics - Tinkerbell (Nicki) in the loos at Gatwick. We had a great chat but my ds was one grumpy madam and got a heck of a telling off afterwards.Michael who has Aspergers kepy saying things out of the blue and wanted to talk about his cooked breakfast at the B&B.
    Helllo!!!
    It was great to meet you :) Sorry I didn't pluck up courage the night before in the virgin check-in queue, I'm sure that would have been better than having a mad woman approach you in the ladies

Michael is lovely and as I said at the time, I really didn't notice :) I was thoroughly enjoying the conversation with you and him. As far as your DD goes, I have a 16 year old, enough said

Glad you had a good time too, I have promised to do a trippie, but ssssh I haven't started it yet ;)

We didn't like HRH either, the room was small, awful and the bedding felt damp. Lizzie loved the pool and JAck liked the music, but I wouldn't go back.

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell, post: 41479
    Glad you had a good time too, I have promised to do a trippie, but ssssh I haven't started it yet ;)

What was that!!!!! You haven't started it yet

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wecome back Mags Glad you had a good time despite the weather. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home, Mags!

Glad you had a terrific holiday! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    WELCOME home glad you had such a good time
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell, post: 41479
    I have promised to do a trippie, but ssssh I haven't started it yet ;)
    ERMMM!!!!!! Excuse me!!!!!! :-O

Wheres the trip report nagging squad?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast