Thread: Great movie ride too scary?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this ride scary for children? I wanted to see it but wont risk it if there any chance

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally, I would have said no but, the last time we rode it, a girl of about 10 years old sitting in front of us was reduced to tears at the Alien section.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say its pretty intense - I don't really rate it as a ride I'm afraid - how old are the kids?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm yes the Alien scene is quite intense and when my two were younger they didn't like the gun fighting bit - it's quite jumpy and loud. :p015:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never really thought of the GMR as scary... But I guess it all depends on the kid. What we did with Jack the first few times, was to cover his ears during the Alien part. Now he's fine with it. And at 4, it's one of his favorite rides..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemouse, post: 41851
    I've never really thought of the GMR as scary... ..
    Nor me, but I think my children were over 10 when they first went on it. It is very noisy in parts and the Alien part makes people jump.

I love this ride, never miss it.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nephew Harry was just under 3 when we went on it. We covered his eyes through the Alien bit and he was mostly fine otherwise. He wasn't too enamoured by the gunfire but it was declared "not too gairy".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 42109
    Nephew Harry was just under 3 when we went on it. We covered his eyes through the Alien bit and he was mostly fine otherwise. He wasn't too enamoured by the gunfire but it was declared "not too gairy".
    I remember that trip report!
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...