Thread: Ireland Day 8 Sun 17/8

Post Thanks / Like
    So today we were hoping to go to the Tagoat steam rally but because of all the rain making the ground too wet it was postponed, but the blooming sun was shining - typical! :rolleyes008:

My Aunty came over again for a cuppa and then around lunchtime we decided to drive over to St Mullins for a walk and a cuppa at the tea room next to the river - it's been many years since DH and I were last there, i have no doubt that it's all completely different now!

Well, no sooner had we set off then.....yep, rain! :mad:

We kept going but when we arrived there an hour later it was REALLY heavy so no walking today - the rain was running down the hill as we drove up it....a stroll down to the river would NOT have been pleasant so we had a driving round the mountain roads tour instead!

I managed to get a few pics as we went but they're not great - the clouds were hanging over the mountain and it was VERY cold up there...brrr.

About 1/2 way back the rain eased a bit so we stopped at Carrickbyrne Hill for a short walk to stretch our legs.

Back at the house we ordered a chinese takeaway for tea and Bill & DH had to drive into town to collect it as the house is too far out to deliver to! :rolleyes008:

The wood burning stove in the front room was lit tonight and we sat in there instead of out the back in the sun room.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Another great Irish day. And the rain helps keep it green.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks beautiful.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Stop posting pictures that make me want to blow the Disney fund on a trip to Ireland.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the cottage/house. The clouds hanging low. Yes, that is a good memory of Ireland. The rain can be a nuisance when you want to have a good walk, but it's so much a part of Ireland it would seem odd without it, eh?

I love the scenery. Thank you for the beautiful photos.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 43265
    Another great Irish day. And the rain helps keep it green.
    ah, so that's why it rains a lot! i was informed yesterday that the radio said it was the rainiest summer Ireland has had in a long time.....just typical it had to happen while we were there! :rolleyes008:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 43268
    It looks beautiful.
    thank you Johnie, it *is* beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 43284
    Stop posting pictures that make me want to blow the Disney fund on a trip to Ireland.
    oh, but i enjoy showing them to you Dawn...and i have more!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 43291
    I love the cottage/house. The clouds hanging low. Yes, that is a good memory of Ireland. The rain can be a nuisance when you want to have a good walk, but it's so much a part of Ireland it would seem odd without it, eh?

I love the scenery. Thank you for the beautiful photos.
    thank you Tink,you're very welcome - i'm glad I'm bringing back memories for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to have to re-read these trip reports of Ireland...I really want to go there one day!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BevW, post: 43936
    I'm going to have to re-read these trip reports of Ireland...I really want to go there one day!

aha.....you can go with Tink and Dawn, oh - and Willow of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    I soooo want to visit too! Those pictures are just so lovely!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 57714
    I soooo want to visit too! Those pictures are just so lovely!

thanks love! you can all go together then!