Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Figment Family eats FREE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Day One

Figment…me…43
    Marcus…DH…40
    Jordan…DS…11 (eating off the adult menu for the 1st time)

Ok…this isn’t going to be a conclusive trip report…I never seem to be able to finish those. What I’ll do is just hit some of the major highlights…and most of the food.

Regretfully, I’m terrible about picture taking. I never thought to photograph the food ‘til we were nearly finished…so you’ll have to use your imagination.

Sunday, August 24th, we arrived in Orlando at about 11:30am…grabbed a Toyota RAV4 out of National’s Emerald Isle and drove through to finish of the rental. Unfortunately, our service person didn’t speak much English. I originally opened my Emerald Club account under my maiden name, “Cline”, they sent me a new card with my married name on it, “Porter”, but for some reason, the website still has me as “Cline”. It took the poor lady quite some time to figure out what I was trying to say and get us moving. :4:

We made it to All Star Movies by 12:30pm…the lines looked horrible, but actually moved pretty quickly…until I got there. I had told my TA to add 7 more days + park hopper to our 1 day tickets we’d booked a few days before we left. (Was trying to save money at booking time…knew we planned on adding the days later). Something had gone wrong and all we had were 1 day/1 park tickets. Believe it or not, it took me 20 minutes to convince them to just sell me the extra 7 days (+ hopper) and I would pay for it then and there. It’s all sorted…somehow I gave transposed credit info to my TA and it didn’t go through in the first place.

I was also disappointed we did not get the Fantasia building as requested…they tried to put us in Woody on the 2nd floor! I told them that I was really sad they couldn’t put us in the building we wanted, and how inconvient the 2nd floor would be with my scooter and didn’t they have something else? So…10 minutes later she says, “I found you something in the Fantasia building” (Woo!) “it’s on the 3rd floor.” :signs065: Ok…now that will be SO much more convient than the 2nd floor I just complained about. Finally, she found me a Dalmation’s room on the 1st floor. We took it.

So, by 1pm we were finally headed for the Magic Kingdom. :207: We had ADRs at 4:15pm for Liberty Tree Tavern...but we'd not eaten breakfast and we'd been up since 5am...we decided we'd take a quick drive through McDonalds and just get some fries and a drink to tide us over. OMG...3 large drinks and 3 large fries cost us $16.44! :shocked025: We'll NEVER do that again.

Magic Kingdom was mobbed…we rode a few rides, then headed over to LTT a bit early. We checked in and I went to spend money in the Christmas Shoppe while we waited.

We had a fairly nice dinner at LTT…food is plentiful and the waiter was decent about keeping up with our requests for more. Word of caution…DON’T EAT THE ROLLS if you want to have any room left for dinner. Really though, rolls are lovely and we ate quite a few, and Jordan ate nearly 2 bowls of mac-and-cheese!

Character interaction wasn’t bad. Goofy came by a couple of times as did Minnie, but nothing too exciting. (Marcus’ favorite moment was these two girls…young adults, really…that kept calling Goofy “Pluto”) I didn’t keep record of exact pricing…but meal was about $95…but FREE for us of course! We tipped about $15...as I said, waiter wasn't the best...turned out the least favorite of the trip. Would we go back? Maybe, but only on the DDP.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    WOOHOO!! Trip report!!!

Can't wait to read more...and I *really* can't believe Jordon is ELEVEN!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it crazy how expensive that McDonald's is???

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    HOW much at McDonald's for Fries and soda? SHEEESH!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    See now... if you convert those dollars into pounds and then take into account that your fries and drinks are alot larger than our large fries and drinks.... and it doesn't sound too bad for us over here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 43720
    See now... if you convert those dollars into pounds and then take into account that your fries and drinks are alot larger than our large fries and drinks.... and it doesn't sound too bad for us over here.
    But at the McDonald's here where I live, large drinks are only $1 and fries maybe $2...so at the most I'd pay $9...that's a huge markup.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! we're seriously getting ripped off over here in the UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment, post: 43769
    But at the McDonald's here where I live, large drinks are only $1 and fries maybe $2...so at the most I'd pay $9...that's a huge markup.
    Wow....only large sweet tea is $1 here. Large soft drinks are almost $2

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 44066
    Wow....only large sweet tea is $1 here. Large soft drinks are almost $2
    It started out at just the sweet tea...but recently they changed it to all large a la carte drinks.:p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    That's interesting. I don't think the pop should be $2, it's so cheap for them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast