Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello and Howdy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I see a lot of familiar names in this forum. Thank you Mick for the invite. I hope to get caught up with you all over time. Some of you may know me from another forum. A bit about me: I am a teacher of sorts running the planetarium for my school district and city. I have a daughter in her senior year, contemplating a college selection. I have a lovely wife, and have been married to her for 27 years. I will fill more in on my profile as time warrants but we have been to disney a few times and just love our time there. My DD is about as big a Disneyphile as anyone I met. We used to sit on the sofa when she was very young and watch the classic Disney movies and the then new ones like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Pocahantas. She still has Disney tunes as her ring tone. Anyhow, best to all my old acquantances and hello to the rest.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    great to finally see you here dan welcome

you will be interested and could possibly post on skywatchers threads of stars and planets and such, its a big favourite here
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, well ah, I guess so. I think Chris has that covered from what I read. But I would love to add anything I can. We just purchased a new scope for our teachers to sign out. We have to do some training with them, but it is a nice Go To telescope (Celestron NexStar 6 SE). We also got the coolest gizmo ever. It is a hand held device (looks like a Star Trek phaser) that will identify stars and planets by just pointing at them. Then it gives a media presentation on the object. It is from Meade and is called the mySky.

Post Thanks / Like
    WELCOME! It's great to have you join us! Hope all is going well with you! :smiley5:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! And I think you are the same Tink...aren't you..I am so confused.:shocked025: Well thank you for the welcome. This is sort of my third time finding my old friends..Third time could be the charm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see you here Dan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I do believe I am the same Tink. Third time is always the charm, so they say!

Chris is going to be so thrilled that you are here! We all love his photos! It's going to be great to have another astronomer amongst us.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Lisa!!! I took a gander at the member's list...it would sort of like deja vu....all over again (don't you just love Yogi Berra?) Great to see you! Aw..missed you guys.:p015:

Yeah Chris was really getting into it just about the time I sort of lost touch with him. I have seen his photos and they are wonderful. Hope I can be of some interest. Love sky lore as much as the wonderful sights in the sky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dan I sent you an invite ages ago......

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 42364
    Hi Dan I sent you an invite ages ago......
    I know Johnie, and I lost it some how. I went back to retrieve it but it was gone. Had to navigate our spastic mail server at work...what a dinosaur. At any rate, wow it's great to hear from you! Was just in your neighorhood this weekend. The James finally had some water in it, so about 14 of us went paddling! Had a nice (if not lengthy - man is service always slow there) lunch at Legends. What a lovely day.

Hope all is going well. I think you are in a masters program too, or am I not remembering it properly?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast