Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn!!! Did you do this???

Post Thanks / Like
    You have no choice. And you'll have to do it all twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, someday it'll be Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, High School Musical or their equivalent.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm starting to think you people hate me..a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    we love you Shelly! We're just warning you. You get to do this to the next person who comes along and has little ones.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's worse with girls too.

I just get Pokemon and Ben 10. You get all sorts of scary stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I'll just get rid of the tv and we can just play with flash cards instead

Post Thanks / Like
    That's not a bad idea at all.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 42949
    That's not a bad idea at all.
    I have a great respect for people who do it. I know I really shouldn't let her watch tv, and she doesn't watch much, but it seems like she has learned some really good things from it. I don't know..they tell me she will be crazy when she grows up if I let her watch tv.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keeping a firm grasp on the control of television is very important in my opinion. Bandura taught us long ago that children do learn from television so what we allow them to watch is really critical.

Yes, if used properly, it can be a great learning tool. My parents used it with great strictness for my brother and I. They rather gave up when the two hooligans came along.

There is so much more to do than plunk in front of a video screen all day, eh? (Whether it's television or gaming).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I do try. I'm not sure how well I do, but time will tell, I guess. She gets to watch playhouse Disney in the morning, and then some Nogin after dinner. Dh and I don't watch tv with her around, because we know that 9 times out of 10 it isn't going to be something she should see. I watch some tv while she is taking a nap and after she goes to bed. I'm sure it isn't enough, but so far it seems to work ok for us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast