Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: breadmakers

Post Thanks / Like
    does anyone have one of these? is it any cheaper? can you recommend one? what#s the bread like - is it really as easy as put it all in and press a button?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are very easy to use! And the end product is quite good. But I still prefer to make bread from scratch...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never owned one, I make bread with a bowl and wooden spoon :D but I know some folks love theirs.

(I think the loaves are wicked ugly).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm not bothered what they look like really, i'm just interested in controlling what goes into the bread that we are all eating, me making bread from scratch on a daily basis is not an option

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that would do it then, having a bread maker. I used to make all our own bread. It's really not too much trouble once you get into a routine, honest! I was working the 3-11 shift at the time though, and that made a big difference.

If you use a sponge base, you can have some ready to go when you are, instead of having to start with a fresh yeast base each time. It adds a touch of tang to the bread, but not as pronounced as sour dough (which I don't like at all).

You can even incorporate vegetable mashes into the bread for added moisture and body.

You'd be surprised how much you can do and how quickly! The more you do it, the better your loaves come out and the faster you become at it, too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know loads of people that love theirs, my mum's mate always gives us some nice bread now and again and its always SO much better than store-bought stuff.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a breadmaker and the novelty soon wore off. I didn't like the amount of oil or sugar that the bread recipes came with. Plus the loaves came out all tasting the same after a while ifykwim. And they resembled doorstops most of the time and because they were freshley made they went mouldy after one day practically. The only plus side for me was the wonderful smell of the bread cooking. Never again would I own one but I reckon if I knew how to make it freehand then it would be really nice to have that instead. (Plus it wasn't any cheaper to make it in the machine) This is just MY opinion though ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one for Uncle Art a dozen years or so ago. That man loved bread--preferrably freshly baked--and could gobble it faster than I could make it!

The one I bought has an elongated shape similar to a small loaf of store bakery bread. And it has a number of recipes. You can put the ingredients in advance and program it to finish at a specific time.

The taste isn't quite as good as my home made bread, but definitely better than the store bought stuff. And you can control what you put in it. The basic recipe I used for it didn't use oil at all. I'm trying to find the booklet so I can use the thing again!

Post Thanks / Like
    right i am going to try and make homemade bread and see what happens. I was worried it would be an expensive gadget gathering dust

thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    So....did you try it yet? I have some wicked good bread recipes, as I love baking bread from scratch...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast