Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VacPack Bags

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone ever used these to reduce the weight/bulk of clothes in the luggage?

I use them for my spare quilts and they are great, but I have no idea if they are practical for holidays.

Your thoughts please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them for storage, but they need a vacuum to take out the air. How would you accomplish that on the return trip? I've see some that you roll up to force out the air, but that's not nearly as convenient as using the vacuum.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts.....what if your case gets chosen to be searched at the airport....how are you gonna get all of those things back inside :shocked025:

Post Thanks / Like
    They wouldn't open the vacuum sealed bags would they? I mean, it's clear so they could see what was in them. That would be a HUGE mess if they did!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    good point there isafari you can just see a poor guy with all this luggage all over the place lol

i store my duvets in them and also winter jumpers

Post Thanks / Like
    It won't reduce the weight of your luggage but it will reduce the bulk. Handy if you want to take smaller bags. You can get travel versions that you roll the air out of.

I'd love to get stopped by customs carrying one tiny bag and have them open it up and get luggage ballooning everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 42703
    I use them for storage, but they need a vacuum to take out the air. How would you accomplish that on the return trip? I've see some that you roll up to force out the air, but that's not nearly as convenient as using the vacuum.
    If I remember correctly, there are vacuums at SSR. If not, I'll have to re-think the whole packing thing.

Customs? Hadn't thought of that! My laundry exploding out of these bags would not be funny!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Or it would be funny. Depending on what side of the customs desk you are standing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 42719
    It won't reduce the weight of your luggage but it will reduce the bulk. Handy if you want to take smaller bags. You can get travel versions that you roll the air out of.

I'd love to get stopped by customs carrying one tiny bag and have them open it up and get luggage ballooning everywhere.
    I definitely want to take smaller bags! DH and I always seem to end up with all the luggage!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    There are vacuums there Cathy, but do they have hoses? I can't remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast