Thread: Disney Obsession

Post Thanks / Like
    how does the rest of your family cope with your Disney Florida obsession?

Dave likes Florida and would go anywhere with me but i think i am driving him mad with continues talk about what we will do tickets cars hotels dollars poor guy never gets a Florida free moment how does your partner or family cope?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's tolerated. Not too bad at the moment because next trip is way off still. Come 6 months before we go and I start making lists and stuff and he'll start to roll his eyes and get that glazed look. At some point he'll say "just tell me where we're going each day when we wake up in the morning" and then bury his head in a book.

We continually fight over shelf space though - my Disney stuff vs his books.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have been advised by "the source" that I am a Disney Commando....Course my family (momma, sister and my grandparents, rest their souls) are also Disney fanatics!

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just get the

:dozey:

Look from my parents everytime I say we are going.

I have long since stopped caring what they think though :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Well my mom did ask if I could go somewhere besides WDW. I promptly booked a trip to Disneyland

Everyone knows I am a Disney nut. I don't think I even get looks anymore..or maybe I am just used to it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are both the same, although I think I prefer a more structured visit. I like to know what each day will hold, rather than leave it to the moment. I hate standing around saying, 'what do you want to do?' 'I dunno. what do YOU want to do.' I've found that having at least a this park on that day plan is beneficial and much less stressful.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    they mock me:rolleyes008: or roll their eyes

nobody at work gets it either

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are all just as bad as me - I'm an expert brainwasher!

DH already has our ADR spreadsheet on his computer, the kids talk about it all the time. My mum and dad loved it and would go again if their medical conditions allowed it :(

My brother and SIL, niece and nephew are off there in Oct '09, for the second time together although both have been before, my best friend went for the first time this year and loved it and can't wait to go again and other friends go fairly regularly.

The inlaws are regular visitors as well.

Anyone else i couldn't care less what they think

See I think I should get my trips for free with the amount of people that I have converted :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 42794
    I just get the

:dozey:

Look from my parents everytime I say we are going.

I have long since stopped caring what they think though :D

We must have the same parents! That's ok, this time I am taking my parents kicking and screaming all the way to WDW. They will probably become "hooked" on Disney too.

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mom became hooked when we took her last trip!

We have friends who roll their eyes and say that they'll never understand. And you know what? Thats fine! At work, I mostly get: "Your going AGAIN?"..then 3 co-workers ask me to help them plan their trips..

Chris humors me, but secretly, he's as crazy about Disney as I am..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...